Prologue

𝐺 𝐴 𝐵 𝑅 𝐼 𝐸 𝐿 𝐿 𝐴

There's going to come a time when you learn to be heartless.

Only to protect yourself.

You teach yourself how to be stone-cold, self-reliant, to hold yourself high and poised, with a smile and a subtle charm ready to conquer the poisoned world. So I learned from an early age to only cry behind closed doors, on dim lights, without   sound to howl in pain silently. To break down without anyone knowing and to never ask for help.

I was afraid of showing my emotions.

Afraid that they will take advantage of me so instead I turned my pain into power. I built a wall around myself, pushing away the people that tried to break through.

The morals I've stuck with for years. "The less you care, the less you get hurt."

I was young when I lost everything. People pitied me and I hated that.

I showed them that I didn't want to be saved but deep down I knew I was lying to myself. I wanted to go somewhere and scream as loud as I could. I wanted to pull my heart out and burn it, this godforsaken organ called a heart is my one weakness.

I was afraid of being destroyed by someone but what I didn't know was that, I was slowly destroying myself.

People fear me and thought I had it all, I did but it wasn't enough.

Everyone had someone to turn to during their darkest days. I had no one. All I ever wished for was for someone to put me in bed and stroke my hair whispering to me saying "Everything will be okay."  That I don't have to be strong all the time.

I thought love was something that made you weak.

I thought it was stupid.

That is until I met him...

Then I finally realized that emotions will forever be the destructive weapon of mankind no matter how hard we try to fight it off.