Chapter 44

I SAT ON the couch with Oscar as we both watched a true crime documentary

The front door opened and then slammed shut and Gabriella's voice filled the foyer. A rush of awareness ran my neck to the length of my spine.

I turned to face Oscar and he wasn't fazed by my sister's dramatic entrance.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well." He spoke, his gaze still glued to the screen. I sighed. "Yeah."

"He thinks he can tell me what to do." Gabriella drawled.

Before I knew it she entered the living room, she was breathless with anger.

Oscar turned his head away from the tv and faced my sister with a scowl. "I take it that it didn't go well."

She shook her head and stepped out of her heels.

Her makeup was smudged with a trail of mascara running down her cheek.

"He's a selfish, arrogant, heartless fucker. I fucking hate him." She seethed with bitterness. Oscar's gaze flicked to the tv. "You don't mean that." He said calmly.

Gabriella snickers. "Oh I do, I meant every single word of it."

Gabriella's eyes darkened, her chest rising and falling with anger. "You don't hate him."

"After what he said to me, I do."

"What did he say?" I asked smoothly.

As she thought of it her eyes flashed with hurt.

"It doesn't matter."

I turned to face Oscar and he shrugged.

She doesn't want to talk about and whatever happened between them must have been bad.

She brushed away her tears. "I'll be upstairs." She announced then walked away.

"Should we-"

"No, she needs her space," Oscar said, cutting me off.

I nodded and continued to watch tv.

"Do you think Gabriella is doing the right thing?" I asked, facing Oscar.

He sighed, brushing his hair back with his fingers. "I don't know man." He mumbled. "All I know is that I'll support her if she wants to keep it or abort it."

"What about you?" He questioned. I narrowed my eyes. "I have mixed feelings about this," I answered honestly.

"Why?"

I sighed, threw my head back, and shut my eyes.

Killing people, Gabriella handles but aborting and killing her unborn baby, I don't think she will be able to forgive herself.

She might act as if she doesn't care but I know it's killing her inside. I get why she's doing this but for her to carry that guilt and drown in sorrow after she aborts it will affect her and everything she's worked for will collapse.

"I'm just concerned if she thinks she's making the right decision. It doesn't matter if people support her or not, what matters is that will this make her happy?"

"My sister has been through so much, she might act tough but she's a very vulnerable person," I added. "I just hope she takes her time and doesn't rush into it because I know she will regret it later."

"Any decision we make in anger, we will regret it later," I said.

Oscar sighed. "I hope your sister will make the right decision."

"