Chapter 4

I WOKE UP to a harsh light blinding me

I WOKE UP to a harsh light blinding me. I turned to my side and noticed that the bed was empty.

She's gone.

"Merda."

Pinching the bridge of my nose my shoulders fell as a sigh escaped my mouth. My mind drifted to that woman.

I would have killed her right then and there but...

FUCK! This is embarrassing, I've killed thousands, and never in my life have my enemies been one step ahead of me. I might have missed something.

This is bad, really bad.

I climbed off the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I hover over the sink and turn the water on then I splash cold water onto my face staring at my reflection, anger boiling in my blood.

Idiota!

I release my anger by punching the mirror in front of me, it shatters into a million pieces.

I just made the worst mistake and I regret it.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

I glared at Luca as he tried to catch his breath, blood dripping from his lips onto his white tank top.

"Again," I said as I wiped away the beads of sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand.

Luca swung a punch towards my head instinctively I blocked it with my forearm and countered with an upward cut to Luca's neck then punched him in the gut.

Luca staggered backward with a violent cough. "What the hell Giovanni!"

Enzo stood in front of the door with arms crossed, his cold eyes focused on Luca's back.

He chuckled darkly. "Go easy on him."

I rolled my eyes.

"What has gotten into you?" Luca questioned. He ran a hand across his jaw before saying. "Are you trying to kill me?"

"His love bird stood him up." Enzo mocked.

My jaw clenched and I didn't say a word. Luca looked at me with wide eyes.

"Gabriella got away, you didn't drug her?" Luca questioned as he grabbed a bottle of water from the mini refrigerator near the door.

Enzo glanced at me and cocked a brow. "How did you manage to let her get away, this never happens."

I sighed and replied. "I fell asleep."

Enzo wore a darkly entertained expression. "Shit, you fell asleep?" He laughed.

Luca tossed me a bottle of water and stated. "Fuck her, drug her, bring her to the warehouse. Simple."

"Maybe he got tired after fucking her." Enzo laughed.