Chapter 27

SHE STOPPED MOVING

SHE STOPPED MOVING. "Check her."

Francesco removes the cloth from her and pats Esmee's cheeks rapidly. "She's not breathing." He says.

Nodding my head, Francesco hands me my gun, I stretch out my arm and pull the trigger as the loud noise causes my ears to ring.

I lowered my gun and took a few steps closer to Esmee's body. Blood pouring out of the bullet hole in between her eyes, and her dry pale lips are slightly apart. Her skin is cold and pale.

I lift her right arm and let it go. Her body is stiff. She's dead.

"Camera," I say. He hands me the camera and I take a picture of Esmee. "Print this out and make sure Antonio Carson receives it by tonight."

"Si" Francesco takes the camera from me and then walks out of the basement. Running my fingers through my hair I take a deep breath and take a deep breath in before walking out of the basement.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

The cold wind blows in my hair and my skin coating with goosebumps. The city lights twinkle from a distance other than that all you could see were trees.

I made sure the warehouse is far from the city so it would be easier to do our business without being detected.

Leaning my body against the cold railing. I start to question why Esmee didn't rat out Antonio. Is it because of love or is she just scared? And why would Antonio leave her without protection if he knew that I wanted her dead? It just doesn't make sense.

It worries me because everything was just too easy and I know when it's like ABC there has to be something that I've missed.

"Gabriella." someone calls out from behind me. "What," I exclaim, turning on my heel to find Oscar. I sighed frustratingly, pinching the bridge of my nose. "What is it, Oscar?" I questioned, "You have a letter from Mr. Grey."

Mr. Grey, William Grey? It's been a while since I've last spoken to him. I nod in his direction and walk past him.

We both passed a couple of guards walking down the stairs and took a left leading us to my office. I push open the door to find Amelia going through my papers.

"Amelia?" Oscar curiously questioned behind me. I narrowed my eyebrows, I glanced at my desk to find my files unorganized then back at Amelia. "What were you doing, going through my stuff?" I asked. Her eyes widened and she gulped. 'I-I was looking for you." She said with a shaky voice, her left foot continuously tapping the ground. "Why are you nervous?" I questioned taking a few steps closer to Amelia. "What-"

"I-no, I'm not, I just don't feel well." She laughs running her fingers through her long dark brown hair. I look at her for a quick second tilting my head to the side.

"Then why were you going through my stuff?" Amelia looked at me with wide eyes turned to Oscar then back at me. "The shipments." She says. "Chiara asked me to get the database on the shipment deals, and how the income is going." She says. "Hmm..." I hummed.

I took a few steps closer leaning in. "Well get some rest, Amelia," I whispered then stepped back. "Yeah." She said to avoid eye contact before walking out. Leaving Oscar and me alone.

Oscar cleared his throat and clapped his hands together as he approached me. "She's lying," I said. "Why?"

"I never keep the shipment data records."

"You do," I say. "Yeah, that's what I've been thinking." He says while constantly tapping his index finger and thumb together his gaze on the ground. "Doesn't she know that?" He asked. "She does," I replied.

She always knew that I never keep the shipment data records. I only keep the information on the clients and targets. And why is she acting strange? I'm starting to think that she is hiding something. I have to keep a closer eye on her just to make sure I'm wrong. "Here," Oscar said handing me a black envelope with a fancy written symbol on it GW

Opening the envelope I pull out the card and carefully read it. An invitation to the "Masquerade ball." I say.

Damn Masquerade ball. I fucking hate these things. Every time towards the end of the year, Mr. Grey would host a ball to celebrate the accomplishment that we achieved this year. Every businessman and woman would come together dressed up in black, white, or gold to gamble, dance, drink, and eat. "This year it will take place in New York." I groan.

Oscar chuckled. "I know you hate these things but at least think of it as a vacation. "More like a fucking boring night."

"When is it?" He asked. "This Friday, I have four days to prepare."

The only reason I go to these is to have new clients and create alliances. "Fuck, kill me already."

"Guess we are going to this fucking Masquerade ball."

A U T H O R S     N O T E

Hey, I hope you are having a great day/night. ok so wow! We are almost close to 100k like WOW, I'm so happy, again thank you all so much for the and support & love I wouldn't have made it this far without you guys.

And the next chapter phew, will be a ROLLER COSTER ride. ;) I'm excited!!