Beacon

Took sometime to gain some privacy with Velvet. The moment we made it to the cafeteria she turned to me, "So... You're..."

"Master!" Aqua shouted as she tackled me to the ground. Her voice sounded significantly different.

"Aqua... can you..." I began.

"Nope." She replied as she buried her face into my chest.

"As expected from Aqua." Ember sighed.

"Its been three years let me enjoy his warmth!" Aqua shouted. Ember raised her hands as she shrugged.

"Sooo" Velvet began.

"Give her some time. She'll get distracted with something else in a moment." Ember mumbled.

"Now you're asking for it!" Aqua shouted as she stood up and glared at Ember.

"Oh? Little puddle wants to fight the sun?" Ember mocked as she stared down the water spirit.

"Please... Don't..." Velvet pleads.

"Enough! You two and your damn rivalry gives me an aneurysm." I mumbled as I stood up.

"Sorry master." They replied as they shifted away from each other.

"Velvet thank you for watching over Aqua-"

"More like she watched over me." Velvet blushed.

"She's my friend." Aqua said hugging Velvet.

"Right... So Aqua, what happened to your voice?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh being bound to the cute bunny here I adapted her accent. Kinda wanted her ears, but isn't the accent cute?" Aqua said.

"I see..." I mumbled.

"Admit it, it's cute." She demanded standing closer to me.

"I mean... its a really nice accent." I replied scratching my chin. She scowls at me, "It's very cute." She smiled at me.

"See he likes it." Aqua said to Velvet.

"So... where have you been?" Velvet asked.

"Honestly... I have no idea. Best not to discuss it further." I replied.

"Something happen?" Aqua asked.

"I'll tell you when we get back to the room." I replied.

"Oh... about that... I promised I was gonna be friends with Velvet... So I was thinking..."

"Wanna stick with her a little longer? Sure, just know I still need you-"

"Yes I know. I will follow you whenever you want. I just need to keep my promise."

"Sure I don't see why not. Gotta keep your promises." I said as she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you master! You're the best. Oh we should update the contract, Vel." Aqua said to her.

"What do you mean?" Velvet asked.

"Well the contract is technically an endless one. Since we are friends I can't just not help you, with my master here we can get a more official contract with more benefits."

"Wait that's a thing?" I asked.

"Depends on the spirit." Ember replied, "I personally would prefer to end the contract and return to you as soon as possible. I am sure Jezebel would try to make a contract that benefits her more than who she is bonding with."

"Okay... So let's get this thing done then?" I mumbled.

"Can she use my element?" Aqua asked.

"I mean will it conflict with my use?" I asked.