Separation

I tracked the White Fang as best I could. They were ahead but I was able to slowly catch up to them due to my spirits helping my search.

"The White Fang terrorized a village controlled by some big company." Ember said as she landed beside me. Her outfit has slowly been changing as she wore a less elegant dress with a more combat efficient one. She wore a red jacket over her shoulders as it radiated a very warm aura.

"I see. Are they still there?" I asked.

"No, they went off towards the sea." She replied.

"They plan to take a Dust Freighter. Atlassian military freighter." Aqua said.

"Where is the Freighter?" I asked.

"It should make a stop at the docks of a nearby village. Sylph is following it as we speak." Aqua replied.

"Then lets head over there." I replied as I called them back and headed over to the village.

"The Freighter will reach the village by tonight." Sylph called out.

"Thanks Sylph any news on the White Fang?" I asked.

"None." She replied.

Took me about an hour to reach the village. It was peaceful as the residents continued to live their lives. I glanced over at a window and noticed someone staring at me. Their face hidden under a hood, as I turned away and looked to see if anyone noticed them. None seemed to see him, I turned back and he was gone.

"Not good." I mumbled as I moved towards the docks.

"Master, This village... Something isn't right." Star replied.

"Tell me something I don't know." I called out.

"How about that I can't contact Eden." Jez said.

"What?" I asked, "Shinoa what is going on?"

"I'm checking. One moment." I made it to the docks as saw the ship in the distance, "Call your spirits back to be safe." She replied.

"Sylph."

"On my way master."

"Aqua can you get me on the ship?" I asked.

"I can." She replied as she manifested beside me. Something began to flow down my nose, I reached up and touched the liquid seeing my blood trailing down. I looked back at the village and saw it was completely empty. The crashing waves was all that could be heard around me.

"We should leave." I mumbled.

"My system says nothing is going on, but I agree I feel, unnerved."

I turned to leave the area though a fog began to roll in from the woods, "Not good." Aqua replied.

"Crystal, Selena. Check the two nearest buildings. Don't enter them and stay in sight." I ordered.

"Yes master." They replied and rush out towards the buildings as the fog inched closer, "Nobody is in here." Crystal called out.

"This one is empty as well." Selena shouted.

"Okay we are definitely leaving." I said as I looked around. The fog was unusual and I don't want to be caught in it. I began to rush towards a building and use the alley to find my way around the fog, "There is no way Adam is stupid enough to come to a creepy village like this one for a freighter." I mumbled as I turned the corner. Though to my surprise I was face to face with Adam. We stood there in silence staring at one another, "Well... guess he is stupid."