Reputation

I entered my dorm room and instantly Shinoa manifested on the bed, hugging her legs and visibly depressed, "Hey..." I mumbled as I closed the door and approached her.

"I couldn't help..." She mumbled, "I didn't do anything to help."

"Shinoa don't beat yourself up for it..."

"You could have died... When he stabbed you... I thought it was over..." She whimpered.

"Hey. It's not your fault. I wasn't prepared enough that my omniscience lead me to that. Any other possibility failed completely." I said.

"I might have changed that if I actually did anything." She argued. Her eyes beginning to tear up.

"Did you try to help?" I asked.

"Of course I tried... But every time I saw him... His eyes I froze and remembered how you died... You might have forgotten but I didn't... I remembered... All of them." She choked, "Every slash, burn, cut, tear, rupture, break, every single death." She grasped her hair as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

"Shinoa..." I mumbled as I gently grasped her hands, "It's okay. I'm not mad." I said as I moved her hands away from her head and held them together in my grasp.

"But why? I didn't help you at all?" She pulled away from my hands.

"You have PTSD. Why would I punish you for suffering from a traumatic experience put on you by that bastard?" I asked, "I care for you and I love hearing you laugh. Yeah you annoy me from time to time, but I think I have grown to like it." She giggled a bit.

"What... you a masochist now?" She sniffled.

"Oh god no. I just like it when you are yourself." I replied as she smiled while she wiped her tears away, "Now take a break. You need it after all that happened."

"Okay." She said as she played with her skirt. I stood up and attempted to leave, but she grabbed my arm, "Don't leave me alone..." She said, "Can you just stay for a moment?"

"The team ceremony is about to begin." I said.

"Just for a minute." She pleads.

"Alright five minutes." I said as I sat on the bed. She instantly laid her head on my lap.

"Very comforting." She mumbled. I began to pat her head as she relaxed. After a few minutes she got up and stretched, "I feel better."

'You sure? After the ceremony we can come back and you can rest some more." I said.

"It's fine. We should go." She smiled. I stood up as she vanished from the bed.

***

I made it to the ceremony to see the formation of team RWBY and Ruby is leading them, "Is that really the best option?" I questioned as I watched.

"Hey boss." Ember said as she approached me with Aqua and Star.

"Hey. So what did I miss?" I asked.

"Team JNPR is made of the other four students. Jaune Arc, Pyrrha Nikos, Nora Valkyre, and Lie Ren." Star said.

"Pyrrha Nikos? That sounds familiar." I replied.

"Didn't you fight a girl named Nikos in a tournament a year ago?" Ember asked. I began to remember that tournament and how I dressed as edgy as possible to avoid detection from Sanguine.

"Oh yeah... Luckily we fought in the evening or I would have felt bad." I said.

"Thank god you dropped the edgy look." Ember mumbled.