It Begins

I woke up from my nap as I heard a knock on the door with Aqua shaking me awake, "Master we have guests." She whispered.

"Who is it?" I asked attempting to rub my eyes, but was prevented from moving my arm. After seeing both Star and Ember holding onto me I knew I wasn't moving them anytime soon, "Ouch." I flinched as my eye began to throb in pain.

"You're bleeding." Aqua mumbled, which made both Star and Ember wake up instantaneously. When they released their grasp I sat up and placed my hand over my right eye.

"Did you strain it?" Ember asked as she held a rag towards me. I grabbed it and noticed my blood in my hands.

"Thanks." I said as I used it to wipe the small trails of blood from my face.

"F/N are you in there." Yang called out.

"Yeah... One second." I said as I attempted to stand but was held down by Star.

"Rest." She mumbled. I complied as Ember stood up and walked to the door and opened it.

"Come in." She said as I heard Yang and others walk in the room.

"One second." I said as I held the rag to my eye.

"What's wrong?" Ruby asked getting close to me. She reached towards my eye, but I raised my hand to stop her.

"Just used it more than I should. I'll be fine." I replied as I pulled the rag away seeing it stained with my blood.

"What you're saying that this is normal?" Weiss questioned as she grabbed my hand that held the stained rag.

"My eye is pretty special." I said moving my hair to show them my eye that had a unique iris, "Should get a hair cut."

"I can cut your hair." Selene said in my head.

"Later. Should wear the eyepatch I have after that though."

"You look smaller." Yang pointed out.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"About eight." Blake replied. She stood against the wall as she gazed at the floor.

"Yeah sounds about right. I have grown used to the feeling of getting weaker. Damn this curse..." I mumbled.

"Is it really that bad?" Rub asked.

"There is a lot more to it than I just get weaker." I said.

"Hey boss..." Ember mumbled.

"It's fine I trust them." I said.

"Really? When one of them is the reason why you have the damn curse..." She scoffed.

"Ember!" I shouted causing everyone to jump, "I'll let that slide as PTSD. Don't let it happen again."

"Yes boss." She grumbled.

"PTSD?" Weiss asked.

"My semblance is long and complicated. So I won't get into the details of it right now. Ember, Aqua, and Star aren't just my teammates. They are spirits, and are contracted to me-" I explained.

"It was a mutual agreement. If we didn't think he was good enough we could have refused." Ember said, her gaze glued to Blake.

"A spirit?" Ruby questioned.

"Elemental spirits to be exact, well except Star is an Angel." Ember said as she held a small flame in her hand.

"I actually have ten spirits contracted to me. Though I am missing three right now." I said.