Farewell

The silence between us was unnerving. I already ate breakfast, but I kinda don't wanna make her feel bad. I opted for a drink instead playing it off as being overly humble and not wanting to spend her money. She silently ate her food without even attempting to converse, "Soooo." I began as she lifted her head and glanced at me, "This is a nice first date, right?" She began to choke on her food for a moment.

"Not a date... Just repaying you for saving those kids." She mumbled.

"Could have fooled me. I mean a girl and a guy sharing a meal with an air of awkwardness surrounding them..."

"When you put it like that..." She groaned, "But I am older than you."

"I'm not that young." I replied.

"What are you? 14?" She asked.

"15. You?"

"18... Shit..."

"Yeah three year difference isn't really that much of a gap." I shrugged.

"I just respect you enough to reward you even if you didn't want one."

"I guess." I mumbled as I flexed my arm and hand.

"Something wrong?"

"No. Regenerating a limb just needs to be moved around in order to feel normal. Like imagine breaking a bone and not using the limb for a month. Basically the same thing."

"You... regenerated a limb?" She asked.

"Oh right... you didn't know about how bad it was."

"So you did need medical attention!" She yelled.

"It healed." I said waving my arm about.

"You lost an arm, refused compensation, and kept your injury hidden? What goes on in that head of yours?"

"I just don't like to worry others. Besides I can handle myself."

"I can see that. What do you plan to use your skills for?"

"Help people as best I can. That's all I can do. Though when you took me on a date..."

"Not a date."

"I am pretty sure they think otherwise." I said pointing at a few faunus behind us that were whispering to each other. Sienna noticed them and began to turn red, "Anyways as I was saying. I am surprised you took a human on a date. Wouldn't your boyfriend be upset?"

"I don't have one." She spat as she glared at me.

"Really? Has anyone asked you out?"

"N-no..." She avoided my gaze.

"I don't believe you. I mean who wouldn't ask you out? Either there is something wrong with this world or people are blind."

"What and you would ask a faunus out?" She questioned.

"Why not? Race means nothing to me. If someone is nice, has a good personality, and looks like they have a healthy lifestyle, good enough for me.... Wanna go on a date?" She didn't respond and just ate her food silently. Her face is flushed as she hid her face, "That a no?"

"If I say yes will you shut up." She growled as she was reaching for her drink.

"Is it to bold to ask for a kiss for that?" I smirked. Her hand twitched causing her glass to spill.

"Oh my look at you being so Sauvé." Shinoa chuckled.

"Do you want me to gut you?" Sienna mumbled.