Escape

I stood over a hill looking at a cathedral in the distance. My arm severed and slowly regenerating as I glared at it. I cough a bit as the smoke filled my lungs, "Shit..." I mumbled as I stumbled into the woods. I couldn't stop for a moment, I had to keep moving. I walked towards the cathedral and found myself in a large altar, far larger than what the outside even looked. Nothing made sense here, but I wasn't surprised. All I felt was deja vu.

I looked at the stained glass in front of me and a red eye stared back. The eye angered me and I felt nothing but the urge to kill this god that it represented. How long have I even been moving now? The sky doesn't change, but my body just feels heavy. My instincts warn me not to stop, but I needed a break. I fired a ball of flames at the glass, destroying the mural. I grab a shard of glass and stab it into my arm, "Keep moving!" I shouted as the pain woke me up. I wondered through the cathedral as I began to heal from my self inflicted wound. My instincts that has carried me this far have now stopped. I am unsure of what I am supposed to do now. I walked past a few doors, as I didn't know what lies behind them. I didn't want to even see what was waiting for me, "Where do I go... Fuck where do I go... How do I find them... Fuck... Fuck this shit!" I shouted though I regretted it instantly as someone came out of a room and stabbed me in the abdomen. His face hidden behind a mask as I held his arm to keep him from stabbing deep into me. I headbutt him breaking his ceramic mask, blood trailing from my forehead and down my face. I claw at his eyes with my flaming hands as he screams in agony. I pushed him away and kicked him into the room, though I couldn't do anything as I felt something stab into my back. I flip my attacker over onto the ground and begin to stomp his face in. I hear more movement and raised my arms blocking some slashes as my arms get cut up. I grab the blade and hold it as it cuts into my hand. I lean in and bite into his neck.

I stand over the two corpses on my attackers as I glance about to see any more attackers. My wounds don't regenerate as they should. I spit to get the taste of blood out of my mouth as I look back towards the way I came from. The hallway was now longer and nothing but a back abyss awaited me at the end. I stare deeper into the abyss and noticed something walking towards me in the distance. The lights dimming and shutting off as they past under them.

***

Candice laid under the rock, her voice hoarse and the taste of iron filled her tongue, "M...master... I... I'm here..." She called out as she saw him in the distance. Her eyes dry from her tears that can no longer flow from her eyes. She looks at the door and see him again. She hoped this time he would see her. She hoped this time he would notice her waiting and not walk away. She hoped he would smile at her and save her, though his posture showed exhaustion as he stood there looking around. She expected him to walk away not seeing her, "P...Please... s...see me..." She mumbled as she wanted him to save her. She longs for his warm embrace and his comforting smile. She was bout to sleep but as her eyes were about to shut she saw someone stab him. She quickly sat up and attempts to scream but her voice cracks with only a weak cry coming out. She watches as he kills his two attackers but his wounds don't heal. He struggles to move and falls to one knee. He picks up a knife ready to fight, "N...no..." She mumbles as she remembers how he treated her. His kindness, his smile, his head pats. She loved him and wanted to be with him. If he dies then she is nothing, she will be nothing. If he dies, then she will die with him. Candice ran out of the rock towards him, the rain hurt her but the loneliness was worse. She couldn't scream as her voice was worn out from her constant cries for help.

Her body burned and sizzled as she ran at him, "Master..." She whimpered as she made it to the door as he finally saw her. His eyes widened his exhaustion vanished as he dropped the dagger and held his arms out for her. Candice looked where he was gazing at earlier and saw some creature five feet from them, "Stay away from my master!" She cried as she moved her arm towards it and fired a massive bolt of electricity at it. The force launched it back as she coughed up blood.