Chapter 1: When Fate Trembles

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Hey guys! This is my first fanfiction. This first chapter is just the beginning... Enjoy!
_________________________________
Chapter 1: When Fate Trembles
_________________________________

It was a quiet, peaceful morning on the faraway planet of Kinmoku, yet Seiya Kou didn't know what the hell she was doing with her life.

"Fighter Star Power! Make...UP!" In a flash, her civilian form, groggy eyed and hair disheveled, was replaced by the sailor guardian form she took on the majority of the time. Stifling a yawn, Sailor Star Fighter stepped out of her bedroom only to bump right into Princess Kakyuu.

"P-Princess!" Fighter's blue eyes widened. "I apologize," she said with a bow.

Princess Kakyuu smiled. Her eyes were kind. "It's alright. Come now, the others are waiting for you."

"Yes." Fighter continued down the hall. Hopefully Taiki won't be too angry with me, this is the second time I've been late this week...

Everything was back to normal on their planet. The Starlights bid their farewells to the guardians of Earth and the trip back to Kinmoku was a distant memory. On their journey back, Fighter kept replaying the past few months over and over, like a broken record. It was okay, it had to be okay. After all, they got what they wanted back; their Princess. What more could she ask for?

Healer and Maker couldn't have been more excited to return and rebuild their home. Their time on Earth was over and everyone would continue to live in harmony on their home planet just as they had before they departed. With each passing star, they grew farther and farther away from Earth. Farther away from Sailor Moon and the others.

It had been almost a year since that day. Seiya still tried not to think about her. After all, she stood no chance. Usagi got her boyfriend back. There no longer was room for the Starlight.

Fighter had a destiny of her own too. She was to live on Kinmoku and protect their princess alongside Healer and Maker. That was her destiny. Their princess was everything to them, and she couldn't deny the joy of knowing everything back home returning to normal. Well, a new normal.

If only she didn't miss Earth so much. More specifically...her.

Seiya had fallen in love before she realized it. She was always the flirty type, but the way she felt about Usagi was different. A feeling so strong that left her feeling hollow now that she was trillions of miles away, and a year had put more distance in her heart. Seiya wished that she could see her face just once more. She was terrified that without even a photograph, she would someday forget her features all together. Those wide blue eyes, ocean-colored and full of love...

Fighter stopped short in the middle of the hallway. No, not again. Why did I just think about her? She bit her lip and made her way to the palace's large dining room. Get a grip! She scolded herself.

Just the memory of Bun Head left a painful throb of longing echoing in her chest.

Healer was sitting lazily at the table picking at an omelette when Seiya entered the dining room. The ceilings were tall and the hallways seemed to stretch on and on into an intricate labyrinth. Taiki liked the architecture of their palace. To Seiya, it only made her feel even more alone.

"You're late again," Healer stated flatly.

Fighter grumbled something incoherent and took a seat at the table.

Healer peered over at her. There were dark circles under her blue eyes. "You look tired."

"Insomnia. Not a big deal."