Chapter 48.

One week later

Me and Eric were up in his room, playing guitar and improving 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'. I took this opprotunity to try to see what was goin on with Olivia.

"So...how is she?" I asked between a break. He put out his cig and shrugged.

"Olivia? She's good. Still doin her, 'giving back to the community' activities. Last week they went down to a childrens hospital and read the little ones some stories."

I couldn't help myself from smiling. Eric caught on to this and watched me.

"What about.....what's her name? Pattie. What's goin on about her?" He asked. I looked down at my guitar.

"She's uh....doin some modeling thing. Ye know." I shrugged. He smiled and nudged me.

"Must feel a bit lucky 'aving a modeling bird for a girlfriend huh?"

"Yeah.....lucky." I said, staring across at a picture of Olivia and Eric hugging. There was a knock on the door, making me jump.

"Come in." Eric said, still strumming. I watched as Olivia walked in, glancing at me as she sat on the bed. "There she is." He leaned over and kissed her cheek. I looked away awkwardly.

"Hi George." She gave me a small smile.

"Hi." I smiled back. Eric was called out of the room by his mum, leaving me and Olive to an empty, silence of death.

She grabbed a sandwich out of her bag and slowly began eating. I watched her, taking in her appearance. Jeans, striped shirt, long brown hair, beautiful eyes that batted when she looked over a book, then at me.

I looked away and spoke. "Look, I know we don't sit together anymore in Health. But, there's an exercise due and I was wondering if I can..."

"Copy off my paper?" She giggled. I blushed and nodded.

"Yeah. If it's not a problem."

She dug through her school bag and pulled out the white sheet, handing it to me. I took it.

"Thanks. Olivia?"

"Hmm?" She hummed. I sighed.

"Are ye goin to prom?"

"With Eric. Yes."

I nodded. "I'll be there too. Maybe we can 'ave dance or two?"

She smiled. "I'd like that. Who are you going with?"

I swallowed the guilt away. "Pattie."

"I see. Well, I hope you two have a good time." She smiled half heartedly. I was about to speak when Eric popped back in.

"Bloody chores. Look, I'm goin to be a bit tied up. I'll call you later." He said to Olivia. She nodded and gave him a quick kiss. My blood was boiling at this.

"Alrighty. I'll be waiting." She said happily.

"I'll walk you down." I said to her. She nodded and made her way out of the room. Eric and I said our goodbyes and soon, me and Olivia were on our way outside.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, clutching her school books. I stood in front of her.

"Olivia, I want to ask ye somethin."

"Yes George?" She looked hopeful. I was about to open my mouth but closed it.

"Nevermind." I said, feeling like a complete loser.

"Oh." She looked away and sighed. "I should um....go now."

"Wait. Look I just wanted to say that...."

She watched me.

"You look beautiful." I blushed. She smiled and kissed my cheek. I felt my body get hot at her touch. Something I haven't felt in quite some time.

"Thank you Georgie. See ya around."

I watched as she walked off alone, looking back at me with a small wave. I waved back and walked into my flat, shutting the door and leaning back against it.

"I fuckin hate highschool."

....

Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
To chase a feather in the wind
Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight
There moves a thread that has no end.

For many hours and days that pass ever soon
the tides have caused the flame to dim
At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom
Is this to end or just begin?

All of my love, all of my love,
All of my love to you.

I stared at the lyrics I wrote and set it aside.

"I can't write for shit. They'd hate this." I muttered. John leaned over and grabbed the paper, a hamburger in his other hand.

It was lunch time and I was feeling rather ill. My stomach hurt, my body ached. It didn't help Olivia and Eric were just across the lot, sitting on the hood of his car, laughing and kissing.

"What's this?"

"A song I'm tryin to pitch to Zeppelin. But I fail. Just as I fail at everything. My life is over."

"This is good mate. What's got ye down?" He looked over to what I was staring at while stirring my drink.

"Come on love. Ye 'ad your chance. You blew it."

I glared at him. "Oh thanks for that."

"Come on it's not that bad. Olivia still likes ye yeah? I notice her lookin at you when you're not payin attention."

I blushed and looked hopeful. "Yeah?"

"Of course! She loves ye mate!" He patted my shoulder. I lost my smile and pouted.

"But.....prom. I want her back John. Pattie is nice and all but....she's to material for me. Her life is modeling. Olivia she...she just lives in the moment. Doin nice things for others and, so caring."

John stayed silent, thinking to himself. Soon, a cheeky smile spread across his lips. "I 'ave a plan."

..........