Chapter 43.

That Monday back at school, I couldn't help but to dwell at the fact the Rolling Stones were out with a new album. From what I heard, they were off in England living it up. Fuckin wankers.

And here I was, staring at my new schedule for the rest of the bloody school year.

I was waiting in the parking lot with Olivia while Richard's clunky shit of a car came into the lot, coming to a stop. Me and Olivia coughed from the smoke it omitted.

"....ye gotta get a a new bloody motor in that thing!" John choked as he slung his bag over his shoulder. Paul covered his mouth with his scarf. Richard made a face.

"Aye, it's a ride innit??"

"Yeah well, just get it bloody fixed." John said lighting himself a fag. "Heya George! Olivia." He smirked.

"Heya." I sulked. "Did ye hear about those bloody pricks? They actually got a tune playing on the fuckin radio."

"Yeah we heard it on our way 'ere. Richard almost drove us off the damn freeway because of it." Paul pouted. I laughed as Olivia kissed my cheek and ran off with one of her friends.

"Let's just hush now yeah? It's early, cold, I'm hungover and I got a fuckin headache." John put his sunglasses on as we walked into the crowded building.

...

"So today, we are going to talk about birth control and how to use condoms." The teacher said pulling down a chart. I heard other students giggling and whispering. I rolled my eyes sunk down in my seat.

I sat up when I saw Olivia walk into the room. She waved when she saw me. I smiled.

"Miss Arias, you're ten minutes late."

"I know I got a bit lost. But here's a pass." She said happily. The teacher shrugged.

"Alright then. Take a seat next to Harrison. He'll be your partner the rest of the semester."

Olivia practically skipped over and sat beside me. I smiled and held her hand.

"Alright then where were we? Oh yes, the penis." The teacher pointed to a model of one on a chart.

.....

We all sat in the parking lot, eating burgers while listening to music in Richard's car.

"Where on earth did you get this thing??" I asked.

"Well since my last one went to hell, mum and dad decided to get me a used one down at a shop. It needs a bit of fixin up but It runs well." He smiled.

"Ye know, my dad can help you out. Free of charge." I shrugged.

"Thanks mate. I just might take you up on that." He smiled. John yawned and smoked a joint while Paul bobbed his head to the music. Olivia walked over to us and poked her head in.

"Hi Geo. I just came from one of my meetings and I thought maybe you and your band can do me a favor."

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked between chewing. She wiped my mouth and handed me a flyer. John took it from my hands and put his glasses on.

"A festival?? When's this?"

"Not until March. The school's going to be having a vendor that'll be for a charity to save penguins in Moscow. I stole this flyer from the teacher's desk. Apparently they need music and entertainment. Lots of people will be attending." She shrugged.

"It's a gig. Might as well." Paul shrugged. Richard just nodded while rolling himself a spliff.

"Thanks love. Ye comin with us down to Richard's?" I asked.

"I wish I could baby. But I have another meeting after school."

I nodded. "Alright then. Come to mine after?"

"Sure." She smiled and pecked my lips. "Bye boys." She waved to the others.

"Bye." Paul and John said in unison.

"See ya." Richard said lighting his joint.

....

After three hours of getting high, attempting to concentrate enough to write a song but failing, and watching reruns of scooby doo, we were all tired. It's funny how doing nothing can tire a lad out.

"Dad!" I yelled as I arrived home.

"Yeah!?" He shouted from another room.

"Can ye take a look at Richard's car? Please??"

"I'll be right there just...hold on!" He yelled. I made my way upstairs and noticed mums and dad's room slightly open small thuding noises and grunts. I made a face and walked over, opening the door.

"Aaaah!" I screamed to see dad on top of mum, naked under the covers.

"George for fucks sake!"

"I'm blind!" I yelled running to my room.

.............