Chapter 18.

I sat in physics class the next afternoon as the teacher told us to pair up with someone to take notes with. I sighed and looked around, noticing Tracy sitting alone. I walked over to her and sat down. She looked upset to see me.

"What do want?"

I bit my lip and looked at her. "Would you prefer it if I changed partners?"

She sighed and shook her head. "No. Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude. It's not you I'm angry at."

"I see. Still upset with John...look I wanted to apologize for him but ye never showed to school for a week. Until now. John really is a good guy."

"Sure he is. He fucks girls, throws them away and goes on living life like nothing is wrong. He doesn't think about consequences or what could possibly happen if her ever got a girl..." She trailed off and took a breath.

"Tracy. He's careful alright? Look, I know you're upset he used ye. But you must have known already about John."

She nodded silently. "I know but...I just thought maybe...nevermind."

"Tell me." I said curiously. "I won't tell anyone. I promise. I'm not like the others."

She was hesitant at first but continued. "I've always had a crush on John. And well...I guess it was a silly little fantasy or something but I thought maybe if we...you know, he'd show more interest in me and..."

I felt even worse. John used this poor girl. Not just any girl who wanted a quick fuck. But a girl who genuinly wanted something more.

Up close, she was more prettier than I expected. I always seen her from far away. She had a cute way of speaking. Her voice gentle and soft. Yet protective. She had a nice pair of lips. Full and pouty. Her eyes looking at me curiously. I broke my concentration and spoke.

"Well um, John knew your name. That's somethin."

"He forgot my name remember? Look I know it's stupid but...I still like him. I know I shouldn't and he's wrong for me. But I just do." She looked down shamefully. I nudged her.

"Look, I'll talk to John if you'd like. There's a dance comin up I think." I smiled.

"Like John Lennon would go with me. Guys don't notice girls like me at all. He was my first..."

I froze and looked away. I seriously need to have a chat with John.

"I see. Well um. I'll see what I can do." I nodded. She smiled and kissed my cheek. I blushed.

"Thanks Georgie." She beamed.

I hated it when anyone called my Georgie. But for Tracy, I'll make an exception.

..

I met up with the lads in the canteen, sitting at a small table, just in time for those Stones bastards to come along. A smug look on their faces. John sighed.

"What do ye lot want?"

Keith pulled up a chair and sat across from John. "I heard you lot got arrested last night. Too bad. Heard quite a few positive comments about your gig...if that's what ye'd like to call it."

"Fuck off Keith. You and your little followers 'ere know damn well why we got arrested and ended the gig early. You lot ran like a couple of pussies." Paul said angrily.

"Atleast if you're goin to insult us and cause a fight, own up to it. Don't run away like fuckin cunts." John added.

"Go fuck yourself. All of you! Ye think I'm afraid of your stupid little threats?" Keith said standing up.

"Why don't ye just go off and suck each other's cocks!? Fuck knows that's the only way ye wankers can get some fuckin pussy." Richard said as Mick gave him the finger. I stayed silent as Keith pointed at me.

"And you. Think ye can take my place and just get away with it?"

I felt a little nervous but pushed it aside as I fired back. "Atleast I know well enough not to be fucking me mates girl and get himself kicked out of a real band who cares about true music. Not some wannabe, shite group who's only in it for girls and drugs."

"What did ye call us you fuckin little shit??"

John stood up and shoved Keith hard. "Aye. Fuck off yeah? Leave him alone or I'll do your head in."

"Fine. Fine. See ye fuckheads some other time. Maybe in New York...when we win the real competition."

And with that, they all walked off. John sat down as Paul shook his head. "Who do they think they are??"

"Fuck them. Let's not let them bother us alright? They know were good. That's why they're tryin to ruin us." John said.

Richard sighed. "Why don't we 'ave a gig somewhere unexpected? Like someones garage or flat? We can invite a few people and..."

"And show people what we really got. We'll get a lot of fans like that! People will be talkin about how great we were, more people will want to see us and we'll really show them, just how much competition we are. Great idea Rich!" I smiled. John and Paul smirked and ruffled Richard's hair.

"Good thinkin mate. Ye just saved our reputation." John smiled. "Come on, let's get the fuck outta 'ere."

....