Chapter 6.

Richard and the lads dropped me off at my flat about an hour later. We spent an hour down at the park, talking and messin about. I had to admit, I had a great time.

I walked into my flat at about nine in the evening. I heard mum call out as I passed the living room. I stopped.

"George? Ye just gettin in?"

"Yeah mum. A bit tired now."

She was sittin in front of the telly, dad asleep in his arm chair.

"Are ye hungry love? Food is in the oven."

I nodded and walked over, kissing her cheek.

"Gonna eat, take a shower and get some sleep. G'night."

"G'night Georgie." She smiled. I nodded and walked into the kitchen, getting my food.

..

After I ate, I went up to my room, showered and put on my headphones, listening to Jimmy Page's beautiful guitar solos. I turned the lamp off next to my bed and laid back, shutting my eyes.

I was a bit nervous to play for the lads. I never played for anyone but myself. What if they don't like me? Maybe I'm making too much of this. I was just grateful I made some friends.

..

It was raining the next afternoon as we met up behind the school building. John was smoking a cigarette and handed it to me as he talked to Paul. I bit my lip.

I never smoked before either. If I wanted to fit in with the lads, I better start getting used to trying new things. I held the tip to my lips and inhaled slowly, feeling the tobacco fill my lungs. I coughed a little, smoke blowing out of my mouth.

"It'll be better the second time around." John said patting my back and taking the cig out of my hand. Richard was rolling a spliff as Paul yawned.

We walked to the parking lot and got inside Richard's car. I sat in the passengers seat, and opened the window as the smell of pot filled the small space.

"Aye Rich, hand it back yeah?" Paul asked as Richard handed him the joint. We began driving off god knows where when John leaned up, handing me the spliff. I was reluctant but took it, inhaling like the cigarette.

It was nice actually. I passed it back to Richard as he put it between his lips and pulled into the garage of a small flat.

"Who's is this?" I asked nodding to the house.

"Mine." Richard smiled.

"He's got the pot. That's why we like to come 'ere." John smirked.

I was led to the side of the building, to the small doors closed with a lock. Richard unlocked it and opened the doors, following each other inside, down the steps.

"Ye live in the basement?" I asked as Rich closed the doors.

"Yeah. I can be myself down 'ere. I can play music as loud as I can, play me kit, practice..."

"Keep the fucking reefer down 'ere." Paul smiled.

"Exactly." Richard pointed.

I smiled and looked around the room. It was quite nice actually. Lots of posters, lights, a drum kit in the corner, clothes strewn everywhere.

"I'm a bit hungry." John said rubbing his stomach.

"Let's listen to the kid play first." Paul said grabbing a guitar from a small closet and handing it to me.

"Alright then. Show us what ye got Harrison." John smiled, sitting on a sofa with Richard and Paul as I stood infront of them with guitar in hand.

..

About three hours later, we were sitting on the sofa watching Scooby Doo while completely stoned. Paul burst out laughing as  Scooby and Shaggy ran from a monster.

"Aye George, what d'you say about joinin our band? I mean we all get on, you're pretty brilliant.. we can use a lad like ye in our group."

I blinked and looked at John.

"Really? That'd be great. I'd love to."

"Good. Now come on, let's 'ave another yeah?" John said rolling another Joint.

This was so much better than bein at school. Gettin high, bein invited into a band...this was too good to be true. I smiled as Paul and Richard fought over a bag of crisps and John handed me another spliff. If this was their world, I was now sucked in, and to be honest, I never wanted to leave.

..

My first week of highschool, consisted of music, sneaking out, ditching classes, learning how to roll my first joint, and learning the basic rules of a band relationship.

One thing I learned, was friendship came first before everything. Even before music. John taught me this. The more time we spent together, the more I realised how different and similiar were all are.

One thing we all agreed on? The Rolling Stones are our number one enemy.

....