Chapter 40.

"Shhh! George it's just me!"

I stayed silent and blinked to realise it was Richard. He pulled his hand away and sat on the edge of my bed. I sat up and set my headphones to the side.

"Richard ye bloody goon! You scared the hell outta me!" I whispered loudly. He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"I'm sorry about that."

I looked at him and sighed. "Why are ye 'ere Richard? Is something wrong??"

He nodded. "Yeah. This. Us. The whole fuckin situation. I just feel rotten about everything. I'm sorry I blew up on you lot that night."

I shook my head. "I should be the one feeling rotten. Me and John were being selfish. Letting our own problems get in the way of what really matters. Our friendship. I hate being away from you lot. Ever since I moved here I...I never thought I'd make any friends. Then I met you. Now, were not even talking and were acting like strangers."

"I know. I don't want that to stay any longer. I guess I came by to apologize."

"No I should apologize. I'm half to blame for your fathers van getting completely wrecked."

"I guess we both have something to apologize for. Yeah?" He chuckled. I nodded and extended my hand out to him.

"Mates?"

He smiled and shook my hand. "Mates."

We smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Did ye 'ere about those fuckin wankers winning the record deal?"

"Cunts is what they are. We would've won that easily if we stood a chance." I said shaking my head.

"Yeah well, looks like we 'ave bigger problems right now. What about you and John?"

I shrugged and looked at my nails. "I dunno what I'd even say to him. He hates me Rich. He hates me to the fuckin fullest. I just...I can't speak to him yet."

He nodded. "I understand. John's never one who will just give into a fight. He's a stubborn bastard who just can't admit when he's wrong."

"Well, that gives me a lot of hope." I said laying back. He laughed.

"I'm sorry. But this is yours and his fight. It's up for you two to sort this one out. Not me or Paul. Just you and John."

I propped myself up on my elbows and looked at him. "I wrote a song. Ye think you can help me with something?"

"Of course."

..

One week later

As the days passed, our small group got back together, despite mine and John's distance. Paul was happy to have us as one. Even if it meant being a messenger.

I had an idea to try to get John's trust back. But fate had another idea. It was finally the Friday before fall break, which meant a few people's schedules got changed. Including mine.

I walked into shop class, showing the instructor the papers. He nodded and pointed to a seat in the back. I looked straight ahead to see...John. I swallowed the nervous lump in my throat and slowly walked over, sitting in the chair next to him. He didn't speak or even look at me. Just silence.

As class went on, I couldn't help noticing him doodling and writing down lyrics. He noticed me watching and just turned away. I sighed and pulled out a sheet of paper as the teacher spoke.

John, I know you still hate me. Just please, listen. I admit to being a foolish prick. I should have been honest and truthful. Remember the first day we met, you told me the number one rule in music is to never let a girl get in the way of friendship?? Where's that rule apply to now?

I folded it and slowly slid it over to him. He just looked at it, but took the note into his hands. I nodded in relief and waited for a response. It came sooner than I thought.

You remember all that?

I didn't even look at him. I grabbed my pencil.

Of course I do. If anyone knows anything about music. It's you. Where's that John now?

I slid it back to him. Minutes later, I got it back.

Look George. What you did was...wrong. I've done some pretty shitty things in the past. But I would never lie to one of me mates the way you did to me. I don't want your apologies. I just want the trust back. Meet me afterschool. I want to take you somehwere.

I replied.

Where?

His answer.

To a place I go when I need to think.

I read his last words as the bell rang, making me jump. I looked up in time to see John leaving the room without a word. I grabbed my things, leaving class and going down the hall to meet up with Olivia.

........

AN/: Okay Cats and kittens, I just want to know what you readers think of this story. I'm sorry for the short chapter, next time will be longer I promise. Do you like the story overall? Would you like for me to update more often? Please let me know and I'll make it happen! Thank you for liking, commenting, and of course Reading!!