Chapter 13.

"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you

Tomorrow I'll miss you

Remember I'll always be true

And then while I'm away

I'll write home every day

And I'll send all my loving to you"

Paul sang as we waited in the car for Richard to come out of class. I leaned up to the front seat.

"Is that one of yours Paul?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. Wrote it whilst brushin me teeth this mornin. There's lots more but I got tired of singin."

"I'd love to hear the rest sometime." I said sitting back. He smiled.

"Thanks mate. Aye look, me and John stayed up all night writin a few tunes. Come and 'ave a listen later huh?"

"I'm grounded Paul. I can't."

"Ever hear of sneakin out?" John smirked as he sat in the drivers seat. He was watching some bird walk by. Sticking his head out the window, he whistled at her.

"Aye Tracy! Come 'ere!" He yelled. Paul chuckled in the passengers seat as the shy brunette walked over. I realised she was from my physics class. She never talked to anyone. Always had her head in a book. She spoke softly.

"H..Hello Lennon."

"Please, call me John. Look, I see ye all alone out 'ere and well, maybe ye can come along with me and me mates. Were just headed off for a bite to eat..."

"Weren't we headed to score some fuckin aci..." Paul said before John turned to him, making a face. Paul shut up.

"It'd be nice to 'ave a bird come along. What do ye say?" John smiled. I watched in awe as she blushed, deep red and shrugged.

"I'm supposed to be off to tutor a few kids right after school."

"Come on. For me?" John pouted. I could see the nervousness in her eyes. She's probably heard about John's ways. Seducing birds, fucking them and just ignoring them the next day. I felt a little bad for her. I spoke up.

"Come on John. If she doesn't want to come then she doesn't have to."

"Of course she wants to come. Huh Trace?"

She looked at me and nodded slightly. "Okay.  I'll come along."

I shook my head and looked out the window as Paul laughed and John smirked. "See, the girl knows what she wants."

She sat next to me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back and bit my lip. I knew she was just going to get hurt. But she should've known better with a guy like John. I wish it was that easy for me to get a bird.

Soon, Richard came over, tossing a small paper bag to Paul in the open window and came around, sitting in the back with me and Tracy. He just smiled at the bird and waved at me. I waved back as John pulled out of the lot.

I'm sure by now, Richard was already used to seein different birds in the backseat. All for John. And Paul? Only encouraging it. This poor girl will get her heart broken. And for what price? Just to run back to her friends and tell them, she fucked John Lennon. And me, bein the only bloke who cared.

..

It was about five in the evening as me, Paul and Richard sat in the hallway, tryin to play over the sounds of moaning and groaning coming from John's and Paul's room.

"...Aaah! John please...harder."

"Nnnffhh. Fuck..."

"Ooh....."

I sighed and tossed my pencil down on my notes, knocking on the door.

"Come on John, I really need to be headed home now! Dinners on at seven!"

"Alright! Hold...on!" He groaned at the last part. I made a face and shook my head. Paul inhaled his cigarette as Richard drummed his drumsticks on the carpeted floor.

A few minutes later, John appeared in the open doorway, shirtless, sweaty, keys in hand.

"Alright let's go." He panted, wiping his forehead with his arm. I noticed Tracy walking up behind him, her books in her hand as she followed us out. I stayed quiet the entire walk to the car.

The entire drive was silent as well. First we dropped Tracy off. She was about to lean in and kiss John goodbye but he just turned away.

"Thanks for the shag Stacy. Wasn't bad."

"It's Tracy." She said quietly. I felt awful for her.

"Well, same thing. See ye around kid." He said flatly. She just swallowed her pride and walked out, slamming the door, making me jump.

"Alright now, off to yours now yeah?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Mine."

I looked back at Tracy as we pulled away, she watched the car, making eye contact with me until we turned the corner, losing the connection.

....