Chapter 6 - Part 14 - Hope?

We all stood in silence. We didn't know what to say. Normally we would just head back to our dorm rooms and sulk but now we couldn't. After what seemed like an eternity, I heard Isabelle say "Does this mean we can go home?"

Jamie turned to us a bit awkwardly "Well yeah, we can, but it may take a little while to actually happen..." I looked at him confused "Why's that?" I asked. "Well... This place is locked up pretty tightly. A large amount of technology comes from the same person behind my game..." he scowled, then turned to us "But if we bust the AI which put us through misery then I can bust us out of here!" 

He smiled "And if you're you can't go home after this, then me and the survivors will be happy to have you."

Jamie went off to the control room and Mary and Isabelle followed him, leaving me with Daniel. I heard him give a sigh of relief "Thank you Benjamin, you've saved us all." He said, looking at me. "Aw, Daniel, you don't need to just thank me! Everyone else helped too!" My face felt a little red, but I ignored it. "Yeah, but they couldn't have done it without you. You were the one who investigated the mastermind the most..."

I smiled and said "Hey, you need to credit yourself too! We would all be dead if it wasn't for you!" I playfully nudged him. He laughed "Well, guess this is it."

 He was right

This was it

No more killing game

No more despair

Only Hope

- Chapter 6 End -