Chapter 3 - Part 9 - Trial

We stood around the podiums for a third time. I looked at Archer and Lucys "memorials" and sighed. 

Isabelle Davis:

 "Hey, Monokuma, just out of interest, what happens it there's two different killers?"

 Monkuma:

 "Hmmm, well I'll execute them both! As long as they're both alive and have been voted for!"

Isabelle Davis:

 "I see..."

Benjamin Quillet:

 "Well... Let's start the trial."

 Sarah Blithers:

 "Which death are we gonna discuss first?"

 Daniel Bow: 

 "Lucy's death would probably be a good starting point, seeing as she died first."

Zoe Grey:

 "Well if you don't mind me starting, then I'd like to talk about the hair."

Simon Brown:

 "Hm, well it was red, wasn't it? That makes our prime suspects Amelia, Nathan and Archer."

 Mary Kimly:

 "Uum Simon... Archer's dead."

 Simon Brown:

 "Your point?"

Sarah Blithers:

 "Why would the victim be the killer?"

 Simon Brown:

 "Keep in mind that Lucy's death happened before Archer's and that he was weak little thing, I'm sure that this killer killed him just for the fun of it."

Nathan Ular:

 "Don't insult Archer when he's not here asshole!"

Amelia Bones:

 "Nathan you insulted him when he was here, so stop being a hypocrite and calm down."

 Zoe Grey:

 "Ah Nathan, you finally decided to speak! That brings me to my next point."

She made a pause, supposedly for dramatic effect, then continued

Zoe Grey:

 "Nathan Ular, I believe that you are the culprit." 

Nathan didn't respond to this, he simply kept a calm expression. Everyone else on the other hand seemed surprised by Zoe's claims.

Benjamin Quillet:

 "W-Wait! Zoe... Are you sure about this?"

 Mary Kimly:

 "Yeah... I mean Archer and Nathan were best friends!"

 Zoe Grey:

 "I never said Nathan killed Archer, only that he killed Lucy."

 Daniel Bow:

 "Your evidence?"

 Zoe Grey:

 "Are you serious? Well ok then, guess I'll explain. First of all, the hair. Second of all, he had Archer's pocket knife. Third, he was messing with the body and wouldn't show me evidence. I'd say that should prove my point." 

The room went into an awkward silence, until Nathan's voice suddenly echoed through the room.

Nathan Ular:

 "C-C-Congratulationssss...."