Chapter 5 - Post Trial - Part 12

To my surprise, all the votes except mine were for Mary. We left our podiums and waited for Monokuma to give the result. Whilst we were waiting, I heard Isabelle ask "Mary.. Why did you vote for yourself?" I noticed that Mary was holding back tears. "I-I panicked. I knew that if I didn't vote I'd be killed s-so I just voted for myself..." 

 "You'd be killed either way..." Sarah mumbled. "Alrighty students!" Monokuma has finally spoken. "I'm bear-y happy to announce that you all got it-" just before Monokuma have the conclusion, he suddenly started making weird noises, like when somethings breaking down. 

And that was exactly what was happening

Soon enough, Monokuma was in a drooping position. We all stood and stared in silence for a few seconds. After what seemed like forever, Daniel went up and touched it. "He's off." He announced. "Off?!" Sarah squealed "A-As in broken down? Dead?!" Daniel shook his head "I'm certain that he'll come back on soon, but why and how did this happen?" All our eyes turned to Mary. "Well, you happy?!" Isabelle snapped. Mary took a step back "N-No... Please stop this already.. I'm not-" 

 "Quit it with the fucking act!" Sarah yelled "You killed Simon! You deserve to burn in the deepest depths of hell!" I grabbed Sarah's shoulder "Sarah, calm down." Sarah flicked my hand away and walked to the elevator. Isabelle and Mary followed and I was left with Daniel. 

 "Hey, Benjamin." 

 Daniel was looking me right in the eyes, although I did have to look downwards for this to be possible, as he spoke. He sighed.

 "Come to my dorm, I think I'm ready to reveal my talent."