Chapter 3 - Part 6 - Investigation

I pulled it out and read it.

Dear '1.2'

I'm really sorry but I can't continue with the plan. I know you worked hard and I appreciate that, but I don't think this is right. I can't deal with that regret and guilt. And if somebody other than '1.2' finds and reads this, I'm sorry to you as well. And I understand that I've done bad, so don't feel you need to mourn for me. If you find out '1.2' is the killer, tell them that I hope they're happy.

- Archer Plains

The note ended there. This just made everything more confusing. Who was this 1.2? Why was this note in Archer's pocket? Nothing made sense. I saw Mary step back, fear in her eyes. "Y-You don't think he..." I could tell she didn't want to finish the sentence. I looked at the body again. It was highly possible that this was just a suicide, but could we really just leave it at that?

 "This doesn't sound like a typical suicide note, I mean what's this plan he's talking about? Who's 1.2?" I read it through over and over, checking for anything I missed or some sort of secret code. But I got nothing. 

I then looked at Amelia. She was sitting in the corner and she looked scared. I decided to comfort her. "Hey, it'll be ok. We'll find the killer and then we can try find a way to escape in the morning." I gave her a pat on the shoulder. I wasn't exactly the best at comforting, but it seemed to be enough to cheer Amelia up "Thanks Benjamin! I promise than me and you are gonna escape, and I've never broken a promise in my entire life!" She said with pride. 

Then, there was a yell coming from a distance. 

 "STOP MESSING WITH THE BODY NATHAN!"