45

The Third and The Final Task

"HARRY POTTER 'DISTURBED AND DANGEROUS'" 

"She's vile, that Rita Skeeter," Charlie said angrily as she slammed the paper on the table in front of her, Ainsley who was sitting in front of her eating his breakfast gave her an odd look before taking the paper and reading it. At the Slytherin table, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were laughing at Harry, tapping their heads with their fingers, pulling grotesquely mad faces, and waggling their tongues like snakes.

"Don't stress, we have our exams in an hour," Ainsley said as Charlie glared at Malfoy.

"Good morning," Fred, George and Lee joined them for breakfast. The twins looked very happy and Charlie couldn't understand why they had been busy over the past few days trying to get their money back from Ludo Bagman.

"Morning, ready for the exams?" Ainsley asked.

"We don't think that academic success is for us, we're much better than that," George said buttering his toast.

"Of course you don't," After that everybody dispersed to go to their respective exams. Ainsley and Charlie returned to the Great Hall when they were called over by Fred and George.

"Charlie, Ainsley, how lovely to see you two," Mrs Weasley said giving them a bright smile, Charlie and Ainsley gave a smile back as they took seats besides Fred and George. Mrs Weasley didn't miss the look which Charlie and Fred exchanged but choose not to comment instead she piled a large slice of Shepherd's pie onto her dish. 

"How come you two are here?"

"Come to watch Harry in the last task!"

Everybody sat around the table and for some time she thought that they have gone back to the Burrow where they had spent a week after the Quidditch World Cup fiasco and it seemed that all of them had forgotten about the Third Task until Hermione showed up.

"Are you going to tell us — ?" Harry went to ask when Hermione shook her head warningly and glanced at Mrs.Weasley. 

"Hello, Hermione," said Mrs Weasley, much more stiffly than usual. 

"Hello," said Hermione, her smile faltering at the cold expression on Mrs Weasley's face.

Harry looked between them, then said, "Mrs Weasley, you didn't believe that rubbish Rita Skeeter wrote in Witch Weekly, did you? Because Hermione's not my girlfriend."

"Oh!" said Mrs Weasley. "No — of course, I didn't!"

The rest of the afternoon was spent with the twins, Charlie, Ainsley, Evan and Nicolas and their friends all spending the afternoon by the lake under a tree sleeping or reading, it was a sort of lazy afternoon. Ainsley and Evan both of them discussing how they were going to meet each other after this school year was over, Charlie couldn't help but notice the side glances her friend gave George, who acted as if he didn't care or he didn't hear.