34

Beauxbatons Academy of Magic

The Triwizard Tournament brought a lot of new duties for the Prefects, they had to make sure that every part of the castle was properly scrubbed and cleaned till the point that everything shined. The Great Hall decoration also landed on the shoulders on the Prefects, the night before the other schools were arriving, Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick had made sure that everything was decorated properly.

Enormous silk banners hung from the walls, each of them representing a Hogwarts House: red with a gold lion for Gryffindor, blue with a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw, yellow with a black badger for Hufflepuff, and green with a silver serpent for Slytherin. Behind the teachers' table, the largest banner of all bore the Hogwarts coat of arms: lion, eagle, badger, and snake united around a large letter H.

"It's a bummer, all right," George was saying gloomily to Fred. "But if he won't talk to us in person, we'll have to send him the letter after all. Or we'll stuff it into his hand. He can't avoid us forever." They were sitting apart from everyone at the Gryffindor table, they hadn't noticed when Harry, Ron and Hermione came to sit beside them.

"Who's avoiding you?" asked Ron.

"Wish you would," said Fred, looking irritated at the interruption.

"What's a bummer?" Ron asked George.

"Having a nosy git like you for a brother," said George.

"You two got any ideas on the Triwizard Tournament yet?" Harry asked. "Thought any more about trying to enter?"

"I asked McGonagall how the champions are chosen but she wasn't telling, She just told me to shut up and get on with transfiguring my raccoon," said George bitterly.

"Wonder what the tasks are going to be?" said Ron thoughtfully.

"You know, I bet we could do them, Harry. We've done dangerous stuff before. . . ."

"Not in front of a panel of judges, you haven't," said Fred. "McGonagall says the champions get awarded points according to how well they've done the tasks."

Fred and George looked up to see Charlie entering the Great Hall, they could see her eyes searching across the hall in search of someone, which could be either them or Ainsley and Luna, Fred smiled in her direction as soon as she spotted them. Soon after they were joined by her as she took a seat beside Hermione who was sitting opposite of them, Charlie greeted Harry, Hermione and Ron, Ron who immediately turned a deeper shade of red.

"The Great Hall looks great, doesn't it," Charlie said happily as she looked around.

"When did they do this? And who did this?" Harry asked.

"We did, the Prefects did. Took us all night,"

"This took you all night?" Hermione asked unimpressed.