33

Mad-Eye Moody

Mad-Eye Moody

"UNFORGIVABLE CURSES,"

Mad-Eye Moody was standing in front the class, Ainsley and Charlie were sitting together while Fred and George were sitting behind them with Lee adjacent to the twins sitting with Angelina and he seemed to very happy about that. Unforgivable curses were something which the wizarding families didn't discuss much but the kids were warned from a very young age that those curses were bad, very bad. Charlie turned to look at the Twins with raised eyebrows but from the twin's expressions they seemed a little too excited to learn about the curses but she wasn't too sure about them. They were called unforgivable for a reason.

"Do anyone of you know anyone of the Unforgivable Curses?" Moody said as he limped around as if he was a hunter looking for prey.

"Yes? No one....like expected. There are three unforgivable curses..." Moody proceeded towards the front of the class and took out a spider from one of the glass jars and placed it on the palm on his hand and showed it to the entire class. Charlie couldn't believe Moody, she didn't need the foresight to know what Moody was going to do next.

"The first one...Imperius Curse...Imperio," Moody pointed the wand at the spider. The spider leapt from Moody's hand on a fine thread of silk and began to swing backwards and forward as though on a trapeze. It stretched out its legs rigidly, then did a backflip, breaking the thread and landing on the desk, where it began to cartwheel in circles. Moody jerked his wand, and the spider rose onto two of its hind legs and went into what was unmistakably a tap dance.

Some laughed but others were silent, most of them knew what the curse was capable of, they had seen it with their own eyes the effects of the curse. Ainsley was among the one who laughed and he turned to look at Charlie expecting to see her laughing but Charlie looked a little pale and showed absolutely no sign of amusement.

"Think it's funny, do you?" he growled. "You'd like it, would you, if I did it to you?" The laughter died away almost instantly.

"Total control," said Moody quietly as the spider balled itself up and began to roll over and over. 

"I could make it jump out of the window, drown itself, throw itself down one of your throats . . . Years back, there were a lot of witches and wizards being controlled by the Imperius Curse, Some job for the Ministry, trying to sort out who was being forced to act, and who was acting of their own free will."

"DENSMORE!" Moody growled loudly which caused Charlie to jump in her seat. "Your father is in that department, he's the Head, isn't he?"

"Yes, Professor,"

"So, what's the next curse?" Moody asked her.

"The Cruciatus Curse," Charlie gulped as she stood up before answering.

"And what's the incantation?" Moody asked, another spider ready in his hand as he pointed the wand towards the spider ready for the spell.

"Crucio," Charlie whispered as she balled her hands up, the nails digging deep inside the palm of her hand.