61

Stay Safe

Stay Safe

Mrs Wealsey gushed over Ron for a good few minutes before asking him what he'd like as a gift and when he asked for a broomstick, her face fell, broomsticks were expensive, at first she hesitated but soon she smiled and promised him to get one. With a kiss on Ron's cheek, Mrs Weasley told everyone to pack their trunks and walked out with a promise to visit Diagon Alley.

"You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?" said Fred in a falsely anxious voice. 

"We could curtsy if you like," said George. 

"Boys!!" Charlie said warningly. 

"Oh, shut up," said Ron, scowling at them. 

"Or what?" said Fred, an evil grin spreading across his face. "Going to put us in detention?"

"I'd love to see him try," sniggered George. 

"He could if you don't watch out!" said Hermione angrily, at which Fred and George burst out laughing and Ron muttered, 

"Drop it, Hermione." 

"We're going to have to watch our step, George," said Fred, pretending to tremble, "with these two on our case. . . ." 

"Yeah, it looks like our law-breaking days are finally over," said George, shaking his head. 

With a crack they two disappeared, Charlie sighed angrily as she watched Ron;

"Don't mind these two...they are going to get an earful,"

"Don't bother...they'll just make fun of you,"

"I'd like to see them try," Charlie said before she too disappeared with a crack. Fred and George looked up to see Charlie, an angry look on her face, she looked similar to a dragon who was ready to throw fire at them.

"You two should be ashamed of yourselves," 

"It's just-" George went to say.

"I am still talking!!" Charlie snapped at him.

"That out there is your brother...you should support him and not put him down by saying that it must be a mistake and that his best friend should have been chosen. Ron...he was so heartbroken because of you...you mocked him for having something of his own...for the first time, he had something which was his own and not hands me down...surely you would understand that, but I guess not," Charlie said, Fred and George were silent as they pondered over the thought.