42

The Yule Ball

The Yule Ball

The school buzzed with excitement as the Yule ball neared, Charlie had got a letter from her father and grandfather telling her to enjoy the ball as it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. She hadn't told them that the twins had found out their little secret, she just didn't want them to worry about anything, Thomas had insisted that she had pictures clicked in her dress while Willy told her to look out for the newest surprise he had planned for her. On the day of the Yule Ball, the level of excitement was on another level, she could see the girls giggling every time they passed their ball date and frankly it was getting very irritating.

"Why are they giggling?" Charlie asked Luna who was sitting next to her, Ainsley was sitting with Evan and his group of friends. It was truly surprising that Ainsley had found himself comfortable in a certain group of people so quickly and it seemed as if everybody around him was enjoying his company very much. While Charlie was happy to see him branching out, she couldn't help but feel jealous as she watched him talk and laugh with them, she looked away from them and towards the Gryffindor table where Fred and George were sitting with their dates for the day. Angelina who felt the gaze turned to look at her with a smirk before turning to Fred who was animatedly talking to Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"It seems as if the nargles have finally gotten to them," Luna said in her dreamy voice as she looked up with a smile.

"When are you getting ready?" Luna asked her as she carefully bookmarked the page of the Quibbler and kept it aside.

"At around 7?" Charlie said as Luna physically looked troubled.

"No, no, no, sooner than that,"

"Why? An hour is enough,"

"Yeah, if your hour is longer than 60 minutes," Luna said.

"But-"

"No. I'll meet you in my dorm at 5,"

"5! I don't need three hours to get ready,"

"Come on. The Yule ball doesn't come around every year, you have to look your best,"

"Why?"

"For Fred, yeah, I might be a little dreamy but I'm not blind, I can see how much you two like each other,"

Fred waited anxiously in the common room, he found himself loosening his bow tie multiple times over the ten minutes he had waiting for Angelina to come downstairs but if he was being honest, he found himself not really enjoying going to the Yule Ball. George had also been in a bad mood ever since Ainsley started hanging out with the Beauxbatons boys, and Fred had a great time teasing him about it. Angelina had suggested that George take Alicia to the ball and at the end of the day, he need a date and Alicia had been their friend since first year so he agreed, Lee wasn't happy when Fred had asked Angelina to the ball.