7

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cold Hands and Pink Cheeks

"Do you think it was Potter?"

"What?"

The weather was getting colder as November came to an end, students opted to stay inside the castle inside of venturing out in half foot deep snow which also resulted in the castle being crowded more than usual. The whispers about Harry Potter and Colin Creevey were the only things heard in the corridors, it seemed as if the people didn't have any other topic to chat about. 

Charlie and Ainsley were sitting in the library trying to complete the homework they had stalled for days and now that they were finally due, they both rushed through it. A huge stack of parchments laid in front of them along with a small stack of thick books which helped them with the homework.

"The Heir of Slytherin. Do you think he is responsible for the attacks happening in the castle?" Ainsley whispered to her.

"I don't know. Potter doesn't have any reason to attack Mrs Norris or Creevey."

"Sure he does. The other day he had a run-in with Filch and then Bam! his cat is attacked and god knows Creevey follows the boy around like a lost puppy which must have irritated Potter greatly and the next thing we know Creevey was attacked."

"It must have been a coincidence," Charlie said as she dipped her quill in the ink pot.

"No, but I heard from some Hufflepuffs that Finch-Fletchley is hiding in his dorms in fear that Potter would attack him."

"Why would Potter attack him, Ain?"

"Because Finch-Fletchley is a muggle born."

"You think that because Potter is the "Heir of the Slytherin" and  he is attacking the muggleborn in hopes that they would vanish from the school."

"Could be." Ainsley sighed.

"I hope not, the kid seems sweet." 

The first weekend of December meant Hogsmeade, the trip was bi-monthly and while many students preferred to go just once a weekend, Charlie and Ainsley went both days just so that they could go to Honeydukes and try everything they wanted. However, one thing was making her a bit anxious and that was Fred Weasley, the boy had asked if she would join him to Hogsmeade Trip and she had agreed.

The only little problem was that Fred hadn't mentioned anything about it after the first time and she didn't want to make a fool out of herself by getting her hopes high.

So there she was sitting in the library along with Ainsley completing the charms homework they had been given a day prior, it was a Friday evening and hence most of the students were trying to finish every work they had so they could be free that weekend. The charms homework seemed to be a little difficult than usual, Professor Flitwick had assigned them with a set of question and each question had only one answer. 

"What is the use of this charm: Molliare?"  Charlie read out aloud causing a few people to shoot glares at her.

"It's a Cushioning Charm. Molliare creates an unseen softening effect on target surfaces. It is primarily used in broomstick manufacturing to make the brooms more comfortable for riders," Ainsley and Charlie looked up to find Fred and George taking the seats opposite of them, they carried a long scroll of parchment and a bag with them.

"So gentlemen, how do we get the pleasure of you going us?" Charlie said as she returned back to her work. 

"Well because tomorrow is a Hogsmeade weekend, we want it to be work-free, hence we are doing it now -" Fred started.

"Now would you two be angels and let us copy your work." George completed. Ainsley gave them an unimpressed look. For the past many weeks, the twins joined him and Charlie for breakfast every morning which caused Ainsley to see that they were not that bad.

Just a little annoying.

"Just do it yourself," He said as he returned back to his work but the thing he missed was Charlie passing them her notes.

"So what're your plans for tomorrow?" George asked after about an hour.

"Well, we were planning on going to Honeydukes," Ainsley answered him.

"What do you mean we?" Fred asked raising an eyebrow, he looked at Charlie who was looking at the book in front of her.

"We as in me and Charlie." The boy said pointing at himself and Charlie.

"No no, me and Charlie here are going to Hogsmeade tomorrow." Charlie looked up, a faint smile on her face.

"Who said?" 

"I did. So you can go with George and Lee while I go with Char." 

The smell of sweets fumes filled Charlie and Fred's nose as they entered the Honeydukes, a warmth surrounded them instantly and it was a relief from the harsh cold winds going outside. The cold had turned the noses and cheeks of both the teens pink. Charlie rubbed her hands together in hopes of getting them warm again but it didn't work but then Fred grabbed her hands and rubbed it instantly warming them up and she was thankful her cheeks were already pink. 

"Better?" Fred questioned.

"Much better," Charlie responded.

They both continued to roam around the store trying to find the new candies which the store displayed, the blonde girl looked around like a kid in a candy store, which she literally was. Thomas Densmore was a loving father but he was very strict regarding the chocolates and candies, which Charlie never understood perhaps it was related to how her grandfather's name was never spoken in their house. Hence, the letter between Charlie Densmore and Willy Wonka or William Densmore were a secret.

"That will be 3 galleons." The cashier at Honeydukes said to Fred as she packed everything he had bought in a bag. Charlie waited patiently as Fred counted the money he had when the smile on his face flattered a bit, it seemed he was short.

"I only have 2 galleons," Fred said, an embarrassed look on his face.

"I'll cover you," Charlie offered and before the ginger could even reply she pushed him out of her way and proceeded to pay for her and Fred's remaining items. 

"Why did you do that, I could have just kept the things back," Fred said as they left Honeydukes.

"Well let's just say you don't look pretty with a frown on your face." Charlie smiled as she popped a lemon sherbet in her mouth.

"Hey, I am not pretty," Fred said offended.

"Yes, you are not," Charlie said as she eyed him up and down.

"I am handsome," Fred said as he walked ahead of her leaving Charlie to laugh as she ran to catch up with him.

"Nah, you're still pretty."