64

Enter Umbitch

Enter Umbitch

Ainsley, Charlie and the twins split up after they entered the Great Hall, Ainsley red in the face after George suddenly pressed a kiss to his cheek, Charlie silently laughed as she turned to Fred who also had a smile on his face. She raised to her tip-toes before grabbing Fred by his shoulder pulling him closer and pressed a kiss to his cheek, she didn't expect him to turn as red as he had gotten, she gently rubbed where she had kissed, removing the residue from her lipgloss. Usually, Fred was the confident one and the more outgoing one of the two but she loved to see the effect she had on him, it made her somewhat giddy.

"You're turning red," Charlie said with a smile. 

"Yeah," Fred said before clearing his throat and then turned to George, "Let's get to the table," Charlie laughed loudly and turned to get to the Ravenclaw table when Fred grabbed her wrist turning her around and kissed her.

"Payback," he said with a grin, he enjoyed the fact he had just as much effect on her as she had on him, without saying anything else he turned and walked towards the Gryffindor table, just as he was going to sit he turned around, his eyes met with Charlie who was now sitting at the Ravenclaw table, her eyes narrowed at him, he winked at her cheekily. 

"Arsehole," Charlie said in an almost loving way. She turned to Luna who was now joining her and Ainsley, she had been absent for the entirety of the train ride but she looked happy, just like every time she saw the Great Hall.

"Loons? Where were you?" Ainsley asked.

"I was with Harry Potter and his friends, interesting lot," Luna said in the same dreamy voice, her eyes flickering over to the Slytherin table, her eyes stopping at one boy, in particular, Charlie followed her gaze, her eyes slightly narrowed when she saw who Luna was looking at.

"Who is he?" Charlie asked.

"Leo Burke, he sat with me on the train," Luna said. Charlie's brows furrowed a little as she turned to Ainsley who merely shrugged;

"I thought you said you were sitting with Harry Potter and his friends?" Ainsley asked but Luna just shrugged and just looked back at the book in her hand. 

"Speaking of Harry Potter and his friends, I have a few questions and by a few, I mean a lot," Ainsley asked.

"I will answer them, not here, not now," Charlie said before looking around the Great Hall, the entrance hall was ablaze with torches and echoing with footsteps as the students crossed the flagged stone floor for the double doors to the right, leading to the Great Hall and the start-of-term feast. The four long House tables in the Great Hall were filling up under the starless black ceiling, which was just like the sky they could glimpse through the high windows. Candles floated in midair all along with the tables, illuminating the silvery ghosts who were dotted about the Hall and the faces of the students talking eagerly to one another, exchanging summer news, shouting greetings at friends from other Houses, eyeing one another's new haircuts and robes.