38. Bloody Sacrifice

A groan left my dry lips when I felt the cold wind hit my body

A groan left my dry lips when I felt the cold wind hit my body. Slowly I peel my eyes open, trying to find the source of the wind.

My body jerked up when I saw that trees surrounded me. It was dark, but I could see that I was in the middle of the forest. It looked like there wasn't anything living nearby.

A hiss leaves my mouth when I felt a pounding in my head. That's when it hit me. The demon was in my cabin, and it touched my head. I don't remember what happened after it touched me.

I grabbed my head in pain when I started to see flashes of images run through it. It was hard to see clearly what they were. I saw a fire, people in robes, circles made of fire, and a big rock. My heart stopped beating when I saw people's faces.

I saw Faye, Paul, and Jay lying on the ground. They were tied with ropes behind their backs so that they couldn't move. A cloth was tied across their mouth, preventing them from saying a spell to free themselves.

I let out a deep breath when the flashes finally stopped. My body felt like I had run a marathon. Sweat was dripping down my back, my muscles were on fire, and it was harder to breathe with every breath I took.

They got them. The cult got them. The demon that attacked me in that cabin is probably one of them. I knew that there was something wrong. They would never just leave me in the well like that.

My lip began to tremble while I try to hold in my tears.

They are again in danger, thanks to me

They are again in danger, thanks to me. The crunching of leaves was all that you could hear in the silent forest when my hands turned into a fist on the ground. I need to find them before something terrible happens.

Carefully I began to stand up. My head began to spin the moment I stood on my feet. I don't know what they have done to me, but my body didn't feel right. Slowly I took a step, but the moment my foot touches the ground, I fell.

Ugh, why can't I just stand up and save my friends! Why do I have to be so weak! There is always someone who needs to save me, but I can never save them! No, I can't be that pathetic! I need to get up and save them or at least try.