24. Ignoring the Notes

I lean my head on my hand while pushing some cornflakes around in my bowl

I lean my head on my hand while pushing some cornflakes around in my bowl. I didn't get much sleep last night, making me not look forward to going to school today. Just the thought of facing Dean after what happen yesterday makes my stomach turned.

I push the bowl away from me, not wanting to eat anymore. I wish I could just stay home today. But I have detention for a week, and I don't think they would be too happy if I skipped it.

Aunt Meg was making some thee for herself. She hadn't talked to me this whole time. Just a quick good morning left her lips when I entered the kitchen, but nothing else. I thought that she would bomb me with questions, but she was dead silent.

If I was her, I would be curious and would want to know more, but she didn't say anything. She didn't even look at me. I was getting afraid of it. Was she going to send me away or even kill me?

She saw what I could do yesterday, so if I were her, I would have kicked me out already. Even I have questions. About my mom and how she met my dad or how they even end up together. I never really saw them as a close couple.

I always saw my mom angry at him or in pain from the things he did to her, but they never kissed or did anything normal parents would do. Normal. Ha, what even is normal in my life. I'm a halve-demon-witch. What's normal about that.

My phone when up, making me snap out of my thoughts.

I took it from the table and turned it on. It was just Faye telling me that they were almost at my house. I let out a sigh putting my phone in my pocket. Standing up from the table, I took my bowl with me. My aunt still didn't say anything to me when I place it in the sink next to her.

She was just looking outside the window. I bite the inside of my cheek, debating if I would say anything to her.

I don't know if she's mad at me or if she's scared of me

I don't know if she's mad at me or if she's scared of me. What if me talking to her makes things worse? I don't want that. Shaking my head lightly, I walked away from her and out of the kitchen. I'm pretty sure that's she's going to kick me out of the house. Who wants a murdering demon in her home.