16. Surprises Sleepover

I was looking at how the snow fell against my window

I was looking at how the snow fell against my window. My head was leaning against the cold window, but it didn't bother me at all.

When we came to the house, I went straight to my room, not saying anything. Faye has been trying to call me, but I didn't want to pick up. I don't want to face them right now. I'm pretty sure they can talk to me in my head if they want to, but after what happened today, I don't think they're going to do that.

I hear the doorbell ring making me snap out of my thoughts. Probably someone for aunt Meg.

Wait a minute!

What if it's my dad?!

I used my powers, even if it was just for a few minutes. Who knows how long he needs to find me. My heart began to race in my chest when I don't hear anything downstairs. Slowly I stood up and began to walk to my door. 

"Ava!"

I jump when I hear aunt Meg call my name. No, she wouldn't call me if my dad's here, right? She promises me that she would protect me from him, but then she doesn't know what he truly is. She thinks that he's just human.

Who knows what he's capable of if he wants to hurt her.

I opened the door and began to walk to the stairs. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. I don't know how to protect myself against my dad, let alone protecting my aunt.

This would be much easier if my aunt knew what he was, but then she would know what I was, and I'm pretty sure that she doesn't like demons.

I swallow the thick lump in my throat before walking downstairs. I bite my lip, praying that it was not my dad. Who else would be here for me?

I let out a breath of relief when I saw Faye standing there.

"Ava, where's your bag? I thought you had a sleepover with Faye."

I frown my brows, looking from my aunt to Faye

'It's a lie so that you can come with me. Don't be afraid, Ava, we want to explain everything to you.' I hear Fayes voice in my head.