18. Girl Talk

I was watching as Faye was walking around her room, doing her hair

I was watching as Faye was walking around her room, doing her hair. I have never really done anything to mine. Even if I tried to do something, I wouldn't know where to start. My hair was like a wavy and straight mix, so I let it do its own thing.

"If you want to, I can teach you." I look up at Faye with an annoyed expression on my face.

"Please don't read my thoughts without me knowing."

She laughs, putting down her curling iron.

"You have a loud mind, and you also think a lot."

I shrug my shoulders, shaking my head.

"Still, my head is my safe space. Please don't just go there."

Faye laughs, nodding her head. 

"I won't, I promise, but promise me this if you need Jay or me, call for us." I look at her with frown brows.

"like with my phone?" I asked, confuse.

Faye shook her head before sitting down in front of me with a brush in her hands.

"No with your mind. I don't know if it works, but it works with Jay and me. If one of us calls each other in our minds, we can hear it. No matter how far it is. It doesn't work with everybody. Like my mom and dad, if they call us, we can't just hear them."

"What makes you think that it will work with me?"

If it doesn't work with their parents, why would it work with me?

"Well, you can hear us if you want us, and nobody else can do that, so maybe this will work." I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yeah, maybe."

"Now turn around so that I can do your hair." I look at her with wide eyes before touching my hair.

"My hair?" She nodded her head enthusiastically.

Slowly I turn around on her bed facing the window. She began to brush my hair.