40. Finding the Truth

In a blink of an eye, I sat up straight, breathing hard

In a blink of an eye, I sat up straight, breathing hard. The first few seconds, I had no idea where I was or what had happened. My hand when to my throat when I felt a stinging pain like there was a wound or something, but I couldn't feel anything.

That's when it hit me.

Thorne killed me.

I'm dead.

My eyes wander around, trying to see where I was. A frown came to my face when I saw that I was in my room in my aunt's place. Yet something was different. It wasn't my regular room but my old room from when I was a kid.

I stood up from the bed, looking around. Why was I here? I was sure that I was dead, but why would I be here? I made my way out of my room, trying to find something that could help me. Everything seems normal when I walked down the hall.

The only different thing was that everything was older, like when I was a kid.

When I came down the stairs, I heard some voices. They came from the kitchen, making me curious who they belong to. Slowly I began to make my way to it, hoping to find some answers.

Carefully I push the door open, trying not to disturb the people who were talking. I froze in the spot when I saw the people to who the voices belong too.

"Mom? Grandma?"

I didn't know if I wanted to cry or smile when I saw them looking at me. My mom stood up from the chair and pulled me into her arms.

"Ava, my sweet, sweet, Ava. I have missed you so much." She whispers against my hair.

A sob escaped my mouth while I held on to her tight, scared that she might vanish away from my hold. With a smile on her face, my mom pulled away to cup my cheeks with her warm hands.

"You grow up gorgeous, my little Ava

"You grow up gorgeous, my little Ava." Grandma came from behind my mom, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I gave her a small smile nodding my head at her as a thank you. 

"I have missed you so much, mom." I sobbed, looking back at her.

She put some hair behind my ear, giving me a weak smile. "I know, and I'm sorry how all of this has turned out. I never wanted this to happen to you, but I had no choice."