41. Fighting Back

The moment I heard loud screaming, my eyes jerked open, trying to see where it was coming from

The moment I heard loud screaming, my eyes jerked open, trying to see where it was coming from. My hands immediately when to my throat, trying to feel if the wound that Thorne had made was still there.

It felt warm, raw, and wet, but no open wound. Blood coated my finger when I pulled away. That was the only thing left from that terrible moment, nothing else.

Slowly I turned my head, seeing that my friends were still lying dead on the ground. I thought that my grandma said they would wake up too? Did she lie to make me feel better?

I lean on my elbow, looking in the direction of the yelling. My eyes widen when I saw aunt Meg and Mister Gray on the ground, kneeling in front of Thorne. A few demons were holding them down so that they couldn't do anything.

The both of them looked pretty beaten up, but that didn't stop them from trying to get out of the claws of those demons.

"Just give up! In a few seconds Drystan will wake up and kill you! I'm giving you a chance to walk away and live!" Thorne yelled, making me surprised that he would just let them go.

"You think we would just walk away from this? After you killed our kids!" Mister Gray screamed, which remind me of Jay when he would be angry.

"Why are you even helping us by letting us go?" Aunt Meg asked, just as confused as I am.

"Trust me

"Trust me. I'm not doing this for you." I hear Thorne mutter when he bends down to say it to her. It was like he didn't want the cult to hear it.

"This is your last chance! Leave, before we kill you two!" Thorne screams, standing back up.

The cult around them roared with excitement about the idea of killing them. Thorne waited on their answer, but the only answer he got was a cold stare and silence.

"Okay, as you wish."

Thorne held the knife he used to kill us in the air, ready to strike at them. Something seems to snap the moment I saw that knife going in the air. I don't know if it was what my mom told me or seeing the faces of my aunt and mister Gray, but the only thing I felt right now was anger.