4. Car Ride to Hell

It's finally Friday

It's finally Friday. I started school on a Wednesday, but those few days have already been enough for me.

I had many classes with Paul, Faye, and Jay, which I don't mind. Like I said before, Paul is a complete sweetheart. He always tries to make me feel good and make sure that I'm fine all the time.

Faye still tries to make me sit with her at launch, but I keep on refusing. I'm happy sitting with Paul and Jay.

Most of my classes are with Jay, but he's the least I have talked with. I figure out that he doesn't hate me, at least that's what Paul told me.

Paul said that Jay doesn't open up to new people that easily. He liked to be alone, which I get.

Sometimes he tells me stuff, like if we have to work together or if Paul says something funny and laugh, but I don't mind him cold towards me. It's one less person to hurt me in the end.

Jay is not shy or anything because I have heard from Paul that he had fought Dean after hurting his sister. No matter how much Jay and Faye fight, they still got each other backs, and Dean, well, he's a whole different story.

He's the guy that whistle and called me a nerd on the first day. I figure out that he had a bad reputation in town. Dealing drugs, stealing, you name it, he has done it. He's what you call the bad boy in school.

He never gets in trouble because his parents always get him out of it. They say you can buy anything with money, and I guess it's right in his case.

I don't like him and his friends. They're all so annoying and always picking on weaker kids.

"Ava, your ride is here!"

I snapped out of my thought when aunt Meg yelled from downstairs.

I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. I put my phone in my back pocket before walking down the stairs. When I came down the stairs, I was surprised to see Jay standing there instead of Faye.

"H-hey," I curs at myself for stuttering.