27. Run Away Dance

It was finally Friday night

It was finally Friday night. Aunt Meg had picked me up after I was done with detention, and I was now lying in my bed looking at the ceiling. After what happened yesterday in the basement, I haven't experienced anything.

I hear the doorbell rang, followed by my aunt talking. I frown my brows when I hear someone walking up the stairs. I sat up when someone knocked on my door and opening it.

"Faye? What are you doing here?" She had two bags with her and looked like she was ready to go somewhere.

"The dance is tonight, remember? I said I would come over so that we could get ready together. Don't tell me you forget."

I open my mouth to say something but quickly closed it, giving her an apologizing look.

"You forgot, didn't you."

"I'm sorry after what happen yesterday, and this week I didn't think of it." She shook her head at me before putting her bags on the ground.

"Good thing I'm here then."

I stood up from the bed.

"Faye, I'm happy you're here and that you want to do this, but after what happened, I'm not really in the mood to go to a dance."

Faye shook her head, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"No, you are going. I want to give you a fun night. Just for once, I want to give you something you deserved, and you deserved to be a sixteen-year-old girl who goes to a dance and who has fun."

I gave her a soft smile nodding my head.

"If you want to."

She nodded her head, letting go of me.

"But I don't have a dress."

Faye took her bag and took something out of it

"Don't worry. I have one for you."

I took the dress from her giving her a confused look.

"I kind of thought you would forget to get a dress, so I bought one for you." Nobody had ever given me something, let alone think of me.

"Thank you," I whisper, taking a better look at the dress.