33. Trusting you.

I was standing next to Faye, waiting for everyone to go inside the bus

I was standing next to Faye, waiting for everyone to go inside the bus. The whole time I was looking at the deathtrap on wheels while everybody else was just talking to each other. I wanted to stay home, but Faye and Jay said that they didn't want to leave me alone and that it wouldn't be safe without them.

What's safer than being in my own house with a protection spell? But even after arguing with them for a whole day, they didn't agree. So here I am, early in the morning, full of anxiety.  My dad isn't around, but I don't trust myself in that thing. What if something happens again?

Last time it was just people I didn't care about, but now I do have people I care about. I don't want something to happen to them.

Faye most have seen me being anxious because she grabbed my hand before speaking up. It was only us two standing near the bus. The boys were off somewhere, talking to the teacher on the other side of the bus.

"Ava, nothing is going to happen. We're here with you, and we won't let anything happen." I look away from the bus to face her.

"I know that's the problem," I whisper, looking at her with fear.

A frown came on her face, but before she could ask me what I meant, Paul spoke from behind us.

"Miss Flores told us we could go inside the bus. Everyone is here." We both turn around to meet Paul with Jay behind him.

I bite the inside of my cheek, debating if I could still get out of this or not.

"Okay, great! Let's go!" Faye said with a small smile, still holding my hand.

She pulled me behind her passing the boys. My eyes met Jay's for a second, but I quickly looked away, not wanting him to worry about me. We stood in line to get on the bus, and I could feel my breath getting quicker when I saw that we were getting closer to the door.

Right there and then, I just wanted to cry and breakdown on the floor. I didn't want to go inside. I let go of Faye's hand and stop with walking. Faye turns around to face me with a confused look on her face. I shook my head at her.

"I-I can't," I whisper.

The students behind us quickly passed us, not wanting to be last on the bus or wait on us.

"Ava, nothing will happen," Faye said, walking closer to me. 

She wanted to retake my hand, but I pulled away from her.

"N-no, I can't go on it. I'm sorry." I turn around to walk away but was stopped when two hands softly grab my arms.

I forgot that Jay and Paul were walking behind us.

"Ava, do you trust me?" Jay asked, letting go of my arms.

Do I trust him? He has already done so much for me, not only Jay but Faye and Paul too. I trust them more than I trust myself.