15. Lights Down

I was tapping my fingers against the desk while moving my leg up and down

I was tapping my fingers against the desk while moving my leg up and down. My eyes when from Faye to Jay. We were in class right now, and the events from this afternoon are bugging me. I was sure that I hadn't said those things against them.

Somehow they could read my mind, and I was not happy about it. I wasn't sure about it, and I had no idea how to be sure about it. It was the last class of the day, and I didn't want to go home without knowing what the hell happen.

If they are something, my dad could have sent them. Why would they otherwise want to be friends with me? I knew something was wrong. Making friends have never happened to me, so why now? This has to be the only explanation.

"Ava."

I look to my right and saw Paul looking at me with a worried look on his face.

"Are you alright? You look like you're going to kill someone."

Was I this angry? I mean, they were trying to be friends with me for an unknown reason

Was I this angry? I mean, they were trying to be friends with me for an unknown reason. If my dad has sent them, he knows I'm here, but why would he send them if they live here? I had millions of thoughts running to my head that I was getting a headache from it. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I gave him a small smile before looking away from him.

My eyes landed on Jay. He was sitting a seat ahead of Paul and a row further. I caught him staring at me when I talked to Paul, but when my eyes landed on him, he quickly looked away.

The teacher was talking about something I didn't care about right now. The school was almost over, and if I want to find out what they are, I needed to do something fast. A small smile came on my face when something popped into my head.

Not a second later, before they could stop me, I scream in my head. My mouth fell open when I saw them both flinch.

"Miss Gray, are you alright?" The teacher had seen her reaction.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He nodded his head before turning to the board.