Chapter 37~ My Ray of Light in Darkness

We snuggled closer to each other, watching the bustling city into the distance in the quiet serenity. We had our backs supported by the end of the cargo bed and our arms tugged around one another. We didn't speak a word for a long time. Yet the silence was the most soothing and comforting that I ever had the privilege to endure.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I turned my sight to him, staring directly into his gaze. He turned towards me after a second or so.

"I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that whatever just happened is real. And that it is not a dream. It feels too good to be true. I'm afraid that this is all just a beautiful dream that I have waited for so long and I'm going to wake up any second and bam, it will all be gone. If this is a dream, heck I don't ever want to wake up again."

He looked so vulnerable at this moment. It broke and melted my heart, both at the same time.

"Well, it's a good thing that this is not a dream. It's all real and oh you poor guy, you're now stuck with me. For a very, very long time." I tucked on his arm tighter in reassurance.

"Hmm... Well, it's a good thing that I don't want to get rid of it. For a very, very long time." He beamed a radiant smile that magnified his features that made him unbelievably adorable.

Have I ever mentioned that his dimples are heart-melting? In those sweet dimples, my heart is a willing captive.

An uninvited thought knocked on my doorstep that I wasn't expecting. Something started rambling chaotically in my mind, or rather someone, who surely shouldn't be crossing my mind right now. But it was too late for that now.

"I have something to tell you." My voice dramatically loses its chime.

"What's wrong?" He cautiously asked, his voice drastically shifted into an agitated one.

"I don't want to start our... relationship by keeping a secret that could potentially harm it so I just want to say it out loud."

He kept a straight face and gazed into mine, signaling me to go on.

"The night before I was leaving. You know. That night. David came into my room and he... confessed... his feelings towards me and then he tried to... umm... kiss me. But I pushed him away immediately!" I nearly shrieked at the end in a futile attempt to defend myself.

"Oh." That was all he said.

"Oh?" I asked in incredulity. I didn't expect him to be this cool about it.

"Only this?" He asked when I stared at him for a full minute, expecting his outburst.

"Uh-Yeah. Just...that."

"Okay."

"O...kay? Just okay? Why are you so cool about it? Aren't you mad at me? Or him?" I questioned, my voice clear of utter astonishment.

"Nope. None of you." That was all he said and shot a small smile towards me.

"I don't understand; why-"

"I am lowkey happy, and not mad." He cut me in.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. This was just getting weirder.

"I am not mad because I already knew about it." He clarified.

"You did?" I gasped.

"Yeah. David told me the night before I flew to Boston. At first, yes, I was mad at him. Furious even. He broke the bro code. I am still not happy about it today, but then, there was no point holding anything from the past that could upset you and forbid you from the happiness you truly deserve."