Chapter 9~Fit as a Fiddle

I turned off the alarm for the gazillionth time which didn't stop ringing from 5 to 5:30 a.m that I had been constantly snoozing.

My body was not going to function humanly with three hours of sleep, but my mom wished otherwise.

"Maya get up! Get up and go for a jog." She yelled from downstairs.

"Why do I need to do it? Can't I just sleep in here peacefully?" I growled.

"No. When was the last time you did some physical stretching? Your body needs to exercise." She pointed, still yelling, or maybe the voice was too loud for a Monday morning, I couldn't differentiate. I just wanted to sleep.

"Ugh! I'm up. You know I hate you, right?" I whined.

"I'm okay with that. Now get up and get your cute little butt out here."

I hate mornings!

I forcefully crawled out of my bed and hopped in the bathroom and took a long nice shower to wake myself up. I threw on jogger pants and a hoodie. I clasped my earpiece and headed downstairs.

"Finally!" My mom sighed as I walked down the stairs. "Good morning sweetie!"

"It is not a good morning when you wake me up at 5 am!" I cried grumpily.

"You need to keep yourself fit. And for that, you need to jog since you do not want to exercise."

"But I'm fit and extremely healthy," I retorted, standing up from my chair to reveal to her my perfect curves.

She threw a nasty glance at me, implying that she would not buy and feed any of my nonsense.

"Is this really necessary? Can't I just do some yoga or something?" I suggested.

"No! I'm not letting you do yoga again." She shot me a furious glance as I knew what exactly she was talking about.

"Come on, Mom! That won't happen again." I assured her.

"Nope.” She asserted, popping the ‘p’ and continued, “The last time I sent you to yoga classes, you slept at the first posture they assigned you, and you covered it up by saying that it was too peaceful that it made you sleep!” She reminisced, sending a judgy glare in my direction.

"Could you blame me? The music was too soothing for dawn. They instructed us to relax and I did and it naturally made me sleep." I defended myself.

"And that is exactly why I am not going to let you go to yoga classes. And that is why you need to jog every morning starting today."

God! Kill me now!

I munched on the apple, exciting the main door as Sabrina Carpenter's 'On My Way' blasted through my earpiece.

The cool breeze hit my face as I jogged by my school campus. As much as I hate mornings, there was something soothing about it.

The quietness of roads and the dewdrops falling from the leaves over the green grass, the faint chirping of the birds, and the unhurried rise of the sun from the horizon. There was just something about nature that compelled our minds to peace and tranquility.

My appreciation for nature was cut short when I bumped into a tiny figure and crashed into the ground. The figure landed on the ground as well.

"I'm so sorry." I heard the person exclaim it as soon as he/she got up, extending a hand to pull me up.

I looked up through my lashes to study the person's face. A cute, gorgeous girl, about 5'3 feet, seemingly at the same age as mine, stood in front of me. Her curly brown hair complemented her brown eyes and heart face cut just great.