Chapter 10~Build Bridges

It had been almost a week since Shawn opened up his past to me back in the streets. We had been building bridges ever since. He was actually proving to be a good friend. 

His friends and he had been sitting with me during lunch breaks. We would pass chits and talk through it during History classes, which we both found boring to death. He would come home with me after school to complete his homework and the notes at he missed. I sometimes wondered if he kept delaying his work on purpose.

We were gradually becoming really good friends. And of course, his fangirls weren't liking it at all. The high schoolers began to mistake us for dating. Some girls would throw me nasty glances in the hall when we would chit-chat in front of my locker.

To be honest it didn't really matter though. We were happy in our own little world. I was finally starting to feel a little happy. His dad even once visited our house when he stopped by to take the home keys from Shawn. 

Sometimes, Shawn would stay at our house in the guest room when it got late. Never in my wildest dream did I imagine I would ever have a friend who would have a sleepover at my house. But then, there was always a first for everything, right?

The one thing that we had in common, that connected us even more, was our craze for our favorite show "The Vampire Diaries." We would text till 4 a.m. discussing and arguing who was the better Salvatore brother and Mikaelson brother. I was a hardcore team Salvatore, while Shawn was of the team Mikaelson. Regardless, we love the show and it somehow made us feel more connected and intimate.

Shawn would sometimes drop me at school whenever my dad couldn't. As I said, we were becoming pretty great friends.

I chatted with some girls in front of my locker when I saw Shawn striding towards me.

"He-" before I could greet him, he pulled me away from the girls and took me to the janitor's closet.

"What are you doing? Why are we in the Janitor's closet?" I scowled and started walking out but he pulled me back.

I shot him a confused glare.

"You won't believe what happened just now?" He exclaimed.

"What?"

"I just parked my car when..."

*Flashback*

Shawn's P.O.V.

I started walking towards the entrance gate to get to Maya but was stopped by a female voice. 

I turned around and saw Olivia, one of the cheerleaders, approaching me. It felt kind of odd since she never interacted with me much as she was always busy making out with Mason, one of the members of the football team. I knitted my eyebrows as she stopped and stood in front of me.

"How are you this morning, Shawn?" She asked cheerfully. I had no idea what she wanted.

"I'm good," I replied with a small forced smile.

"Oh, that's good. I just came here to warn you, Shawn." 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to figure out where this was going.

"About Maya. I am just here to warn you, Shawn. Get away from her as soon as you can, She is a freak! You don't want to be associated with someone like her." She warned, doing some odd gesturing with her hands that I had no idea what it meant.

"Sorry, what?" I asked with a stunning face. It was definitely out of the blue.

"I care about you so it felt like my job to let you know about this. We were her friends too at some point before we knew how big of a freak she was. We immediately stopped hanging out with her. Right boo?" She said, as Mason walked towards us and threw his hands around her waist.