Chapter 25~ Imitated Happiness

Shawn's P.O.V

The vodka wasn't of much help. 

Maybe it was the ear-splitting bass of the music or strobing blue-red-green disco light of the nightclub that scattered across my eyes that accelerated my resentment.

I made my way towards the dance floor and was immediately surrounded by girls, who seemed to be sexy, whilst some of them wriggled their asses against my torso, swaying it to the beat of the song, and some grabbing and running their hands through the naked tattoo sculpted across my neck and arms. I smirked at their childish attempts and began retrieving back to the bar but was rudely interrupted as a pair of lips crashed into me, devouring as much as it could in the bare three seconds before I kissed back and pushed whoever that chick was.

I joined David and Lexi back at the bar while they chuckled, shaking their heads.

“What?” I asked as I motioned to the bartender.

“Five Dry Martini on the rocks.” I ordered.

“Enjoying yourself, I see.” David teased as he took the cocktail glass from my hands.

“You bring me to a strip club kind of nightclub. Is it my fault that more than half of them are just looking for a random hookup that I don't wish to fulfill today. I am not in a mood tonight.”

“Does that have to do something with what the doctors said today?” David questioned but his words barely reached my ears due to the blasting music.

“I can't hear you. Let's just go now. We had enough for a day, I suppose. I have to do some packing as well.”

“Yeah, let's just go. MADDIE! ANDY!” David screamed out their names who were drunk dancing with strangers without a care of the outside world.

David walked up to them, pulling and dragging them out of the dance floor but from what it seemed, they were drunk enough to retort back and argue not to leave, Maddie poking her fingers into his chest and Andy attempting to get rid of the grip of his hand.

After a quite long argument, David managed to pull them both out of the nightclub and I heaved a sigh of relief and followed them, leading towards the exit.

“I want to dance. Let me go, you asshole. I want to dance and drink more.” Maddie whined in an annoying tone narrowing her eyes.

“Yes! We want to dance more. We won't move until you let us in there again.” Andy dragged Maddie down with him and stooped down in the middle of the road with crossed arms as if striving for some strike.

“You guys are unbelievable! Fine then, you two sit here while we three go back to Shawn's place and order ourselves a pizza.” David shrugged for validating his point as he started to walk away.

“Pizza? You guys are going to order pizza? And that, without me? Hell no! I ain't letting that happen.” Andy exclaimed, grabbing Maddie's hand, and stood up instantly.

“But-” Maddie tried to protest but Andy cut her off.

“Nothing is more important than food! Let's go.” Andy began to march towards the direction of my house.

I watched them walking as I stood glued to my position.

“Aren't you coming with us?” David asked.

“I will. I just have to stop by Matthews's house real quick. I need to tell Ms. Matthews that I'm leaving for a few weeks tomorrow.”

His expression changed on the mention of it. It struck me skeptical but decided to say nothing, nonetheless.