Chapter 7~Homecoming Dance

It took us about one and a half hours to reach the venue. As we climbed out of the car in a classy fashion, like the ones we see in movies and shows, the aroma of delicious food and desserts filled the air from miles away.

As we padded closer to the entrance, which already had a huge line, I saw swarms of people decked out, girls in expensive and stunning dresses, and guys in fancy tuxedos. Clusters of people separately grouped and taking photographs and a few stragglers, trying to find their dates or groups, filled the venue.

The music filled the air with serenity. The DJ perfectly combined and played the true classics and the current upbeat tunes simultaneously, howling "It's homecoming y'all!" every once in a while once the venue was filled enough with people to get lost amongst them easily.

We entered the hall, his hand still holding my hand, and greeted a few people in the hallway on our way. It wasn't long until I found Veronica and a few girls walking towards us.

Do they come as a complementary with her? I sometimes wondered to myself.

"Oh... My... God! Maya! You look absolutely stunning." She complimented, checking me out from head to toe. Her O-M-Gs always gave me the major Janice vibes.

"Thank you! And so do you." I complimented her back honestly.

"Aww! Thank you, girl! By the way, love your makeup. Who did that by the way? If it is some professional, pass me the number girl." 

"I didn't do any makeup. I just applied eyeliner and lipstick." I informed satirically.

Her face frowned, clearly revealing she did not believe it.

Not that I cared about that.

"Oh, Good for you." She said, before turning to Shawn, who was, for I didn't know how long, pursing his lips to hold his laugh on the squabble, "Hey, Shawn! You look so handsome tonight." 

"Thank you. You look lovely as well, Valentina."

"It's Veronica" she corrected, cocking her eyebrow.

I couldn't help but laugh under my breath. He surely did that on purpose.

"Oops! My bad." He said, looking away, trying to find anything to hold onto just to stop talking to her.

"Excuse me, I need to use the restroom." He said and took off immediately when he couldn't find anything.

She gave me a clueless look before leaving to join her other girlfriends.

I wandered around the food stalls, trying to figure what exactly to start with since they all looked heavenly. Did I forget to mention I was a gourmand? 

I loved to eat. I could legit eat everything set on the table even when I'm not hungry. Though I wouldn't do it here. I didn't want to embarrass myself any further.

I would always be seen eating something every hour or so. I couldn't help it. It was a trait. Anyway, back to the topic.

While I was struggling to choose between pasta and ambrosia, my pondering was cut short by a too familiar voice. Again.

"Maya!" He called, creeping right towards me, "Don't you look stunning tonight?"

Not him again. Not tonight.

Bradley stood beside me, scanning which dish I was about to pick.

"You're gonna have that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Yes, I am." I picked both the bowls and escorted them to the nearest empty seat.

He followed me instantly. Does he not understand signs?