Chapter 12~Angelic Devil

It had been a few days since I hadn't been to school as I've caught up with a viral fever. My dad checked in with the authorities and the school let me give exams through my home and I enjoyed my leisure time in my house away from high school and those teen dramas. I was getting better now.

Shawn would visit me frequently as he had to commit his time to his practice and then to Quinn as he was concerned about her grades falling down. I wouldn't lie though, I missed having his attention.

Well, on the bright side, Christmas was around the corner and everyone got busy with their shopping for Christmas Eve, may it be the decorations or the clothing. And I, on the other hand, was made to stay in my PJs and not leave the house for another two days.

I squeezed my eyes shut, pretending to sleep when I heard the thumping of footsteps from the stairs.

"Wake up, sleeppyyyyyhead!" Shawn sang on top of his voice.

I didn't reply, carrying on my act.

"Maya..." He called, reaching my hand and pulling me up to sit.

I forced extra weight attempting to land back on my bed again but his grip was too strong for me to actually pull it off.

I groaned and sat back, rubbing my eyes, pretending to have been awakened just now.

"Spare me the act. I know you were not sleeping, Maya!" He smirked.

"I really hope you have a good reason for invading my peaceful privacy." I growled.

"Indeed. Because..." He said, unfolding his hand from aback that I didn't notice until now, extending a small box towards me, "I got you a gift."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

I took the box from his hands and started to unwrap it. Inside the box was a small crystal ball with fairy lights arranged in a crisscross and inside it was a very cute couple under a heart-shaped pink tree. It was so cute.

I looked up at him for some kind of explanation.

"Think of it as an apology gift for not being able to visit you as much as I would have liked and I bought it as soon as I landed my eyes on it when I went to Mrs. Evans's that night to check if you were still there waiting for me." He said.

"That's very... thoughtful of you," I remarked. "I'm gonna name it Crystalline."

"Wha... You know you're a weird girl right?"

"You're weird!" I retorted.

"Whatever! Now get your cute butt off of your bed and let's go for breakfast."

I climb off my bed, stepping inside my fluffy slippers while eyeing him in anguish for his overbearing bossiness.

"You should be grateful that I'm an angel fallen down on earth just for you." He boasted, with his chest held high.

"You're more like the devil for me," I replied cheekily.

He just smirked and turned to look towards the door.

"Let's race who reaches the table first." He suggested.

"I'm in."

"Ready... Set... Go!" We raced towards the dining hall and undoubtedly, I won regardless if they told me otherwise.
                               ~

"I'm so bored!" I mumbled to myself. I wanted to do something but I couldn't find anything interesting.

"Hmm... Think Maya, think! What could you do today? Is there any new movie coming out today? Or do you want to rewatch TVD? Argh, think!" I started talking to myself,