Chapter 24~ In the Blink of an Eye

One and a half years later.

Life was good. I hadn't been this happy ever before. Leaving town was the greatest decision I could have taken for myself. The people I met in the past months were angels. I couldn't have asked for more. My life was the least complicated now. Life was good.

“Fuck that shit!” I groaned under my breath as I splashed the handful of cold water on my face. I had been imitating this same phrase for over a year now but that never helped.

I regretted leaving Manhattan. I regretted leaving without a goodbye. I missed my family, my friends. But most of all, I missed him, so much that sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night perplexed, horrified remembering the night I last saw him, the terror and helpless expression on his face. I missed him so much that it would hurt me physically as well.

But there wasn't anyone to blame but me. It would break me when I couldn't muster enough courage to pick up the umpteenth call or reply to a text every day until one day, I changed my number.

I had been the biggest bitch I could possibly be to someone who actually loved me, for me. I didn't deserve that love. I didn't deserve his love. I didn't deserve him. I looked up at the cabinet mirror and wiped off the tear that blended with sprinkles of water rolling down my skin.

“Maya! Get your ass out here now! I have been waiting for you, for like, forever. Don't make me wait, or I swear I'm going to leave you here and head out!” A voice echoed behind the door as I wiped my face.

“Don't be such a drama queen, Dialer. Just give me some private moments with my bathroom.” A smirk made a way on my face as I knew exactly the kind of reaction I was about to receive.

“First, we do not have time for this, and second, stop calling me that! You know how much I hate it. I want to smash that ass who revealed you this.” He hissed grumpily. The name Dialer immediately got into his nerves every time.

“I am here.” I announced as I walked through the door and met a pair of dark amber eyes piercing its gaze right through me. The gentle morning breeze blew his blonde hair and I zoned out for a moment, gawking at him.

“Babe, I know I'm irresistible, but get a grip upon yourself. People are waiting for us in the hall. You don't want them to catch you staring at me, do you?” He rose his chest upward in pride, running his hand through his hair, setting them in a usual side hairstyle.

That arrogant and cocky asshole.

“Anyway, you look stunning, Maya.” He pulled me by my hands and locked me by his hand around my waist. I didn't retaliate as I knew it would be impossible to escape his muscular grip.

“Well, well, well. I know I'm irresistible but people are waiting for us in the hall. You don't want them to catch you being a simp, that you are now, do you?” I tried so hard to not laugh but the expression on his face made it impossible.

“Ouch! That hurts. I'm not a simp. Using my tactics now, huh?” He tightened his grip.

“Hmm… Maybe. Now let go, we need to run or we're going to be late.” I pleaded with a puppy face. 

He smirked and replied, “You have me wrapped around your little finger, don't you?”

“God! Could you get any more flirty? No wonder why the girls in the university are so into you. You're a natural flirt.” I asserted.