Chapter 13

"STOP IT!" I scream, putting all my strength into removing Giovanni from Antonio

"Fuck you!" Giovanni barks at Antonio. He grips Antonio's collar and aggressively draws him up then smashes his head on the ground. Gasps and cries are heard across the church as people witness the outrageous scene. "Giovanni, Antonio!" Arial cries to both of her sons. "Boys!" Giovanni's father Diego bellows

My eyes widen when Giovanni stands up and draws out his gun. "Dear Lord." I hear a female voice over my shoulder. "You bastard!" Giovanni snaps and the sound of a gun cocking makes everyone scream, some are running out of the church and some are hiding for protection. "You don't deserve to breathe after what you did to Annah." He says, tears stroking down his face.

I haven't seen Giovanni cry, especially when it comes to grief. It's really painful to see a loved one tear up, all because of your selfish mistakes, but you can't do a damn thing about it.

Four weeks ago

"Amore?" He questions me worriedly while stroking his thumb on my palm to ease my anxiety. "I don't think I can meet her le miel." [ French translation: Honey.]

He chuckles lightly and places a soft peck on my lips. "Three years together with me amore, and you are still afraid when it involves mafia business." He teases with his cheeky smile letting his dimples pop out. I will never get over that angelic smile.

"Shut up Antonio, you know how I act when danger is involved," I exclaim with a small smile gently shoving him on the shoulder. He lets out a small laugh and then sighs.

"Don't worry. I won't let Gabriella lay a finger on you." He says with a serious tone.

Okay, Antonio can be scary sometimes but the things I've heard about Gabriella are terrifying, that woman is a walking devil but a female version. She will do anything for power even if it involves killing an innocent child. If you betray or cross her line you've woken up the feared demon of hell.

"But I've heard that-" Antonio cuts me off by placing his lips on mine. I close my eyes as he slips in his tongue and we start moving our lips in rhythm. "Like I said amore, don't stress about it." He moans in my mouth. I pull away and sigh as I observe the huge building before me.

Antonio locks hands with me and we both start to make our way to the door. I find two guards dressed in all black with glasses and their posture is consecutively followed by an intense exterior.

Antonio nods his head at one of the guards as a greeting, they don't greet back but just whisper something in their earpieces.

Rude.

A minute later the door opens and a much scary-looking man is standing there with his buff build body. He has a defined jawline and his copper red hair is slicked back with gel as a couple of hair strands are falling on his face. He has piercing grey eyes that will slaughter anyone with just a stare. He's wearing a white dressing shirt where a couple of buttons are unbuttoned and he rolled his sleeves up that exposes his manly arms.