Stony: Cops Chapter 3

---weeks later---
Steve got called into Fury's office late one day.
---
"So Detective, how's the investigation going?"

"Stark still hasn't woken up. His secretary hasn't left the hospital in 2 weeks and to be honest, I don't want him to wake up. I know we need a statement, but let's be honest... if you went through something like that, would you want to wake up?" Fury shook his head, "no. I guess your right."

"I have a feeling that you didn't call me in here because of the case."

Fury motioned for Steve to sit down, "Steve, I know things have been tough since Carter, so forgive me when I ask you to go undercover to get in with stark. He is a powerful man and is going to need to be etched when he wakes up."

"Are you asking me as my boss, or as my friend?"

"Boss. Steve I wouldn't ask you if I didn't think it was completely necessary."

Steve said, "understood," Steve stood up, "I have a feeling Stark will be the death of me." Fury stood up, "hang in there son," Bucky walked in just as fury was about to say, "sorry," he looked at steve, "stark just woke up."

Fury looked at bucky, "Steve's going under cover on this. Inform the secretary before you speak to stark. Steve leave your badge and gun here then ride down with Bucky." Steve nodded his head then the two left.