Iron Winter: part 2

The soldiers managed to shoot out two of the tired and parts of the car, and as a result the car flipped.

When Steve came to he could see boots walking around the car and over to the passenger side. Tony was struggling to get out of the seat when the passenger side door was ripped clean off of its hinges.

In a scared tone, tony said, "steve wake up!"

steve was still trying to regain focus when he unbuckled himseld and dropped onto the roof of the car.

"Steve!"

The Winter Soldier yanked tony out of his seat and started to walk back when steve took his shield and got to his feet.

"let him go."

the winter soldier stopped then turned around to face steve, "you're beaten captain. Your badly hurt. how could you ever hope to fight me."

"i said," steves tone changed, "Let Him GO!!!"

The winter soldier dropped Tony and went after steve. Steve through his shield then dropped and grabbed the gun at his feet. Steve had the gun pointed at The Winter Soldier when he returned to his feet.

"stand down."

the winter soldier picked up steve's shield, "come on Captain. Know when youve been beaten."

steve was about to fire off one shot when something hit him in the back of the head and knocked him to the ground. The winter soldier went and grabbed the gun when steve let it go. The Winter Soldier went and picked up a now unconcious tony then left to the HYDRA vehicle.

Steve watched as Tony was taken from him. Steve watched as the love of his life was taken and there was nothing he could do.

--- hospital room days later ---

steve woke up screaming. Not from what had happened but of the demons inside him. When steve realized where he was he started to cal down. Steve slowly started to sit up as the doctors and nurses came rushing in.

"Captain Rogers," one of the doctors got to steves arm and tried to make him lay down, "Captain rogers you are in a SHIELD hospital. Agent Romanov found you when you didn't check in and brought you here," the doctor checked on the machines then went back to speaking with Steve. the other nurses and doctors went to checking the other machines.

"Captain what is the last thing you remember? Where is Mr. Stark?"

Steve finally laid down and started to cry, "he was taken. We were headed to our extraction point and... and," steve looked at the doctor, "i couldnt save him. the man i love called out my name and i," steve looked back up at the ceiling, "i couldn't save him."

"Captain," the doctor placed her hand on steve's shoulder, "steve, will find him. Mr. Stark is a part of this hell hole we call a family, and there is nothing we wouldn't do for family."

"doctor," steve turned his head, "thank you."

"thank me when we get him back."

steve gave a small smile then watched as the doctor and the others left.

--- Tony's room ---

steve returned back to the tower and headed to tony's room. Tears filled his eyes as he looked around the room. "i failed you."

jarvis spoke in a low tone, "Captain?"

steve walked into the closet and over to a pile of Tony's worn out work shirts then picked one up and placed his face in it.

"I failed you. You called for me and I failed you," Steve dropped to his knees and cried into Tony's shirt.

"Captain," Jarvis's tone changed, "please go down to the lab. There is something I need to show you."

Tony looked up to the ceiling.

"Mr. Stark was building something for you. You need to see it."

"Later Jarvis. I need to sit here for a moment."

"Ok captain. We have a lot to discuss. There are also legal matters that you need to know about."

"Ok Jarvis. Thank you."

Steve slowly laid on the floor then fell asleep with Tony's shirt in his arms.