Thorki

Loki stood on the front porch crying. His tears stopped when his father placed his hand on Loki's shoulder.

"I don't want him to go."

"I know son but he is serving his country."

Thor walked out in his uniform as Loki sat there listening to his father.

"Thor do you have to go?"

Thor set his things down then got on his knees in front of Loki, "yes. I have to. When your older you'll understand why but for now be a good boy for dad. Make sure he gets his rest."

"Promise you'll come home"

"I promise you I'm coming home."

The two hugged then Thor proceeded to the military bus. As it took off Thor waved back at his brother and said to himself, "I will keep my promise Loki... I will keep my promise."

-|- ONE YEAR LATER -|-

Loki and his father returned to there home late one night to find Thor's friend Steve waiting on the porch.

"Steve?"

Steve stood up and handed the letter to Loki's father.

"I'm sorry Mr. Odinson."

Loki was rushed inside so Steve and Odin could talk.

"What happened?"

"Your son had this sixth sense for danger. It spooked my men but also saved there lives. Thor and I went to scout ahead. My men were wounded and needed medical attention."

Steve saw Odin crying.

"That 6th sense kicked in. Thor pushed me out of the way of gun fire," Steve, himself, started crying, "I managed to get him back behind the safe zone but I was to late. He lost to much blood. Your son died in my arms," Steve's voice was shaky, "he asked me to keep an eye on you and your family and bet there for hs brother... im so sorry. im sorry i couldnt save him"

"thank you for coming in person. right now i need to go tell my youngest."

"sir i would also like to tell you that an invatation will be sent to this adress for you and your son to recieve Thor's purple heart."

"thank you captain rogers," odin stood up and placed his hand out to shake steves.

"take this," steve handed a card with his number on it," you or your son need anything let me know. i owe thor a great deal. please call and dont let my promise go unkept."

"i will call steven. thank you."

steve saluted thors father then left. steves tears retured when he heard the door close and loki start to cry.

-|- MANY YEARS LATER -|-

steve was sitting on the porch drinking his morning coffee when he saw a cab pull up. he walked to the steps that led off the porch he thought to himself,"thats funny." when he saw thor get out he dropped his coffee. the cup shattered into hundreds of pieces as he made his way to his friend.

"hey steve."

"thor how are you here?"

"i returned from deployment. The boys gave them hell and you saved my life man."

"how are you here? i saw you get shot. thor you died."

thor looked shocked.

"thor you made me promise to watchy our brother and keep an eye on him because you couldnt anymore. thor its 2014"

steve watched thor dropped his knees.

"Thor you've been gone for 18 years."

Thor looked up just as Steve sat down in front of him.

"What about loki?"

"Your step brother is fine."

"Can I see him?"

"Ya he's at the same house. He just finished college. come on let's get your things inside then I'll take you to your brother."

The two got up and proceeded inside.

"What about my father?"

"He passed away after your brother graduated high school."

"Poor loki."

"I kept my promise to you and made sure he stayed on the right track."

"Thank you Steve."

Steve smiled. Grabbed his keys then proceeded to Loki's.

-|- AT LOKI'S -|-

Steve knocked on the door then hollered out,"Hey loki it's Steve!"

"Come on in Steve!"

Thor and Steve walked in.

"Take a seat Steve I'll be right out."

Loki was In the kitchen. Steve would usually come over every other Friday with Peggy to keep Loki busy and his mind off things.

"You and peggy hungry. I found this old recipe and thought I'd try it."

"Ya. Peggy's going to stop by later."

Loki walked out with the drinks then stopped in his tracks when he saw Thor sitting on the couch.

"I'm not going crazy, am i?"

"No loki," Steve stood up from the couch, "a taxi man dropped him off in front of my house an hour ago and I brought him here," Steve went and took the drinks from Loki and set them down, "I'll leave you to and I'll see you next time Loki."

"Steve stay. I've made more than enough food."

"I'll be back around 7:30 then. Peggy's still working and I need to go pick her up."

"Thank you steve."

"Don't mention it."

Steve left as Loki walked over to Thor who was now standing.

"You look the same as the day you left."

"But you have changed so much little brother."

"I can't believe your here. I... I..." Loki pulled Thor in and kissed him. When loki pulled back to give the two space he was stopped. Thor managed to grab Loki's hand.

"I'm sorry thor."

"You've grown to be a handsome young man. I am proud of you and all you have accomplished."

"Thanks but Steve should get most the credit. He looked after me and after dad died made sure I got through college. Dad's medical bills were to expensive and took all the money we saved up. Steve paid for my bachelors. I owe him a lot."

  "As do I."

"Thor how did you survive?"

"The truth is I really don't know. I remember asking Steve to watch you and then the next I'm being dropped of in front of his."

Thor pulled Loki into his arms then leaned in and kissed him.

"I have missed you thor. Please don't leave me again."

"I'm never going to leave you. this time I won't leave you."