L.Norris - Boxing

Requested by Msaliceg

*****

I walk into my apartment where I see only beer bottles once again. It's my boyfriend, Jack. He's an alcoholic. He wasn't one at the beginning of our relationship but now he is. He is also abusive and I'm too scared to break up with him. I start picking up all the bottles and the bags of chips lying all over the floor. I have to clean up before he comes back. 

The door opens and Jack steps in with a girl under his arms. I scoff in disgust. "Oh, Zoe, this is my girlfriend, Alice," he says and giggles. I cross my arms. Maybe I have a reason to dump him now. "She's just leaving."

"Excuse me! This is my apartment too," I say back and he just stands there looking at me.

"No one wants you here, get your stuff and go," he says while the girl goes to the bathroom. She has already been here. 

"I'm breaking up with you," I say and he shrugs. I grab my phone, keys and purse. I walk out the door not even thinking of crying. I'm not sad. I'm mad... Mad that I spent 2 years of my life with that a. On my way to a hotel, I curse and slap the wheel. 

"I'm just glad that you finally broke up with him," my best friend, Leah, says while we both are sat at a table in a cafe. She didn't like Jack at all. She told me that he is going to cheat and he did. "You don't look sad." 

"I'm angry. I just want to let go of this anger. I did love him but it faded when he started to abuse me." She frowns and takes a sip of her coffee.

"You know what, my cousin's husband is a boxing instructor. Why don't you go boxing to get your anger out? It really works." I think for a second and nod. "Here is his number. I have to go," she continues. She writes on a small paper and put it with money in front of me on the table.

"I'll call him if I feel better. Love you," I say and hug her. We've been friends for so long.

I have been boxing for 2 months now and it has been the greatest months. Releasing all my anger on the punching bag. I'm in a better shape too. I'm really looking after myself now. Eating healthier, working out a lot and doing some meditation.

"Hey, Alice!" My instructor, Justin, shouts from the other side of the room. He jogs over to me and I put down my gym bag. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling well. I had a good night rest for once, I haven't had one in a while," I say and he crosses his arms smiling.

"Well, that's great news. I have a perfect workout for us today. Go get ready and I'll meet you at section C." I grab my bag again and walk to the locker room. Since this is a really big gym, the biggest in London, it has 3 swimming pools, a yoga room, heating room, massage room, 4 boxing rooms and of course a huge gym. Justin is also a personal trainer and he is helping me out at the gym too.

I put my stuff in my locker and walk out and see that there is a lot of people here tonight. Way more than usual. I turn a sharp right and bump into a stranger. I drop my bottle of water and my small towel but luckily not my phone or this son of a bitch would've died.

"I'm so sorry, love," a British accent says and I look up to see dark blue eyes with bushy eyebrows and a handsome smile. I try to say something but nothing comes out. "I haven't seen you here before. Are you new?" He says while he picks up my stuff and hands it to me.

"No, I've been here for 2 months. I normally work out in the morning but my boss had a bad week and decided to ruin my mornings," I say rolling my eyes thinking of her. He chuckles a bit.

"I'm really glad that she had a bad week," he says and I laugh.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" I joke.